PDA

View Full Version : new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pat-one
Fri, Apr-04-03, 18:47
Hi All;
This is a first for me, not used to forums. I think it is great to be able to get incouragement and ideas from everyone.

To introduce myself-I am 64 yrs. old and have been dieting most of my life on and off. I started Atkins a couple of years ago, took of some weight, went off for the holidays and put it back and some. When It was 300 lbs.again after a cruise I said enough, so the middle of Jan this year I started Atkins again and have been doing quite well.

I have high blood pressere and thyriod nodules, both of which I take meds for. Both under control at this time.

My favorite thing to do is cook and bake, but now when I bake I give it away. I am trying to learn to cook LC, always looking for ideas and recipes.

Thanks for listening...I hope to be a regular here.

:wave: Pat

theresa113
Sat, Apr-05-03, 06:41
Pat,

I hope you to be a regular here as well. Welcome to the forum!

so the middle of Jan this year I started Atkins again and have been doing quite well.

I would say you have done very well! I am so glad to see that and I am happy for you!

As far as baking, I have avoided it unless if it is low carb. I was known as the cookie girl in my family. Every Christmas I would bake 20 plus different kinds of cookies and send them to relatives and bring them to parties and get togethers. Now, I only make low carb treats. There are tons of recipes in this forum and up above on the orange bar. I make a great low carb cheesecake that even my sister's fiance likes.

Glad to see you here! :)

pat-one
Sat, Apr-05-03, 07:04
Thanks Theresa, it is good to meet you. I will be cooking and baking LC, I am sure the recipes here will be a great help. :thup:

I am happy to be here and look foward to many good days ahead.

:wave: Pat