PDA

View Full Version : I'm new! Intro!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rosemerry
Fri, Apr-04-03, 10:13
I've already posted to a few threads but wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rosemary, 46, live in Pittsburgh, and have been Schwarzbeining for about 5 weeks. This is my first attempt at a low/mod carb diet of any kind, having been on low fat diets on and off for all of my life! I've lost 5 lbs and am trying not to be impatient for more but keep reminding myself this is a WOE and not a diet.

I almost fainted with delight when I found you all here; have been looking for TSP support for awhile now. For the moment, I'm enjoying reading over all the old threads and seeing what I've missed!

So glad to be here! Rosemary

Suni
Fri, Apr-04-03, 11:27
Hi and welcome

I've been on TSP since last July - fell off a few times so now I am doing some reading and work on self-sabotage and self-esteem issues.

I too ate low-fat for years and years and could not loose any weight. If I keep on TSP I do loose, slowly but while I am loosing I feel so good and the best part (for me) is that the cravings for sweets have almost subsided. I also notice an improvement in muscle tone from my gym workouts too, which never happened when I ate low-fat constantly. And food tastes good again.

There are some wonderful recipes in The Schwarzbein Cookbook and on other boards, other low-carbers share recipes they've concocted. I have just printed out a recipe for a pizza quiche and the people who have tried it gave it a 5 star rating so I will make it this weekend. I love the feedback in this site and others and appreciate suggestions, so do yourself a favour and check out some of the other sites too. There is a lot of information available, + lots of support.

Good luck and I hope to chat with you again! :wave:

kascalia
Fri, Apr-04-03, 12:11
:wave: rosemerry Welcom .
I have been on this woe for over a month now. And love it. I have come here after doing ssering and not feeling good on it. Like others my sweet tooth has alomst vanished. I use to have to have sweets everyday now i don;t eventhink abou them. :) If you have any question feel free to ask
GODD LUCK

pv3882
Sat, Apr-05-03, 15:43
i found this plan to be the best plan of all the low-carb because i find that it makes me feel good. what works for me was not so much focusing on reducing the carbs but increasing my fat intake. my body automatically adjust my appetite accordingly when i eat enough proteins and fats - so i don't feel like overeating on carbs anymore.

my moods are now very stabilized and i am able to eat and actually 'listen' to my body for what it needs, instead of going by the numbers. i think to make any plan of eating successfully, you have to eventually come to a place where you are able to eat according to your body's needs and not what society thinks you should eat.

please be good to yourself and be patient :o)