PDA

View Full Version : Easy Microwave Hollandaise Sauce

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

moeart42
Thu, Apr-03-03, 16:41
40 seconds to cook! < 3 carbs total! Try it!
1/3 C butter
1T lemon juice
1/2 t dry mustard

melt butter in a 2 cup glass measuring cup ~ 15 to 20 seconds on 80% power

wisk 2 egg yolks till well mixed with the lemon juice & mustard powder.
gradually ad the egg mixture to the butter in the measuring cup wisking till blended well
microwave for 40 seconds ~ 80% power
DO THIS IN 4, 10 second cycles...wisking well inbetween
Makes almost a cup at about 3 carbs for the whole thing!

Auntie J
Thu, Apr-03-03, 18:51
Thanks ! I'm going to make some right away, I needed a "new thing" to put on veggies & I think this just might be it!

shopjunkie
Tue, Mar-23-10, 12:01
I think I'm ging to try this recipe this weekend. Eggs benedict are my new favourite meal, and I was looking for an easy hollandaise recipe.

Thanks!

GlendaRC
Tue, Mar-23-10, 17:13
I think I'm ging to try this recipe this weekend. Eggs benedict are my new favourite meal, and I was looking for an easy hollandaise recipe.

Thanks!
If you try this, please post your results. I'm always leary of microwave recipes that say 80% power but don't tell what wattage their microwave is and I'm not sure what the standard speed was in 2003! 80% of 1000 watts is considerably different from 80% of 600 watts.

shopjunkie
Tue, Mar-23-10, 18:28
If you try this, please post your results. I'm always leary of microwave recipes that say 80% power but don't tell what wattage their microwave is and I'm not sure what the standard speed was in 2003! 80% of 1000 watts is considerably different from 80% of 600 watts.

Sure thing! I might change it up a little. (I'm not so sure about the dry mustard, lol), but I'll let you know exactly what I do. I was thinking that I probably won't have time this weekend, but I'll give it a try next weekend for sure!

Elizabeth :)

shopjunkie
Wed, May-05-10, 13:40
I was just watching t.v. and flipping through the channels when I came across a cooking show featuring hollandaise sauce... then I remembered that I planned to try this recipe!

I can't believe that I forgot to make something as yummy as hollandaise sauce! lol

I'll be trying this receipe very soon and promise to post the results.