PDA

View Full Version : My sixth month anniversary

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Skamito
Tue, Apr-01-03, 23:39
Today, April 2, 2003 marks my sixth month anniversary on Atkins. It wasn't a particularly rocky road and I don't have much of a story to tell. I started this diet because I was feeling uncomfortable at my 160lbs and didn't know what else to do. Amazed at the benefits and seduced by this forum (:D) I continued almost effortlessly and have felt very strong in this commitment.

I started exercising the beginning of February and have lost several inches since then. I'm not at my goal yet, still plan to gain muscle and trim down a bit more, but I have six-month progress pictures that I'd love to post. I'm so happy with this lifestyle and hope to never have to worry about weight again. :)

Stats-
Before:
Weight-160lbs
Bust- 38
Waist- 33
Hips- 42

After:
Weight- 139lbs
Bust- 35
Waist- 26.5
Hips- 36

Take a peek at my pic! :)

Skamito
Tue, Apr-01-03, 23:48
Before and after pic attached.

workinmom
Wed, Apr-02-03, 05:42
Nice job Angela! You can really tell a difference!

KoKo
Wed, Apr-02-03, 07:45
<center>Wow </center>

You look GREAT (you shrunk and your hair grew!!!!)

sheilaraye
Wed, Apr-02-03, 08:38

Crimson
Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:16
You look great, Angela! Wish I'd thought to take a "before" pic. urgh!

Karen
Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:44
Well, Skamito!

A big congratulations goes to you. I've always admired your level-headedness and sensible approach to low-carbing.

Here's to the rest of your journey, low-carbing all the way!

Karen

shannonlea
Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:52
You were beautiful 21lbs ago and are beautiful now! Congratulations and thanks for always inspiring me and visiting my journal! 11 more lbs.. and I'll catch up to you girl!! Take care~

JackieInNJ
Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:16
You guys are all my inspiration.. I can hear the happiness you're all feeling when I read your posts.. Any words of wisdom are welcome... Snack tips especially.. What you did when you badly needed sweets... I'm a newbie.. Need some OLDER brothers and Sisters to help me along..
Be Well
Stay safe and LC
:confused:

Talinka
Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:21
Angela,

You look FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations! You are such an inspiration. Actually, everyone on this board is an inspiration. Thank you, everyone, for giving me the strength I need to get through this. You are all amazing.

Talinka :hyper:

Talinka
Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:27
Jackie,

Have you tried Atkins' Indulge bars? They are chocolate covered caramel and nougat sweets that are really terrific. Only 2 net carb grams per serving. They need to be eaten in moderation, however, because to much of them can have a laxative effect. A great treat without this problem is sugar free gelatin with a dab of whipped cream (you can add a no-carb sweetener to it). Good luck with everything!

Talinka

CAKES66
Wed, Apr-02-03, 17:51
Wow thanks for the inspiration. Our start weights/goal weights are similiar. You've really inspired me NOT to miss a workout. :thup:

Kristine
Wed, Apr-02-03, 19:51
Wow, babe, what can I say? You've totally aced the low-carbing thing! You look fantastic and hopefully you feel just as good. :thup: :thup:

I just saw your pics. :D You kinda look like Mina Suvari. :lol:

See you on the Fitness Challenge Thread!!

Kaillean
Wed, Apr-02-03, 20:09
Yowza, chickie-poo! Pretty damned impressive. You look great!

K.

DDMariana
Wed, Apr-02-03, 20:56
Okay Angela...OUT of the fitness challenge.... :mad: !!

OUT, OUT, OUT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well...a little late for April Fool's I know...but I'm just kidding! :daze:

Your pics are AMAZING!!! You've done a great job...and Karen's right...you're level-headed about this stuff! Some people get a little ridiculous... :rolleyes:

Nice going!

:wave:

Miss Melis
Wed, Apr-02-03, 21:20
SKA-

You look great!!!

Take care,
M-

deze
Thu, Apr-03-03, 11:49
you have worked hard girl, it shows... good for you, and man will you ever look great for this summer!!

you look really great!! ;)
j

Skamito
Thu, Apr-03-03, 11:57
Thank you all for your replies! Posting my pics has been a huge motivator for me as well. I'm feeling great and only have so much more confidence in the things I'm doing. You just wait to see my 1 year anniversary pics!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/alles_moegliche/mixed-smiley-022.gif

Redfallon
Thu, Apr-03-03, 17:26
ANGELA WOW! I'm so happy for you! You are lookin really awesome, girlie! You've always been a great deal of help for me, especially when I was just starting this up. Thanks!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

gingertea
Thu, Apr-03-03, 17:52
Wow, you are looking and doing great. Imagine how buff you will be in June at the end of the fitness challenge. Keep up the great work.
Gin

Rikke
Fri, Apr-04-03, 00:22
HOLY CRAP Angela, you look freakin' amazing!!!! (sorry for the harsh words ;)

I think I'll cut & paste your pics and use it as wallpaper on my computer to inspire me - though I can picture the funny look from my boyfriend 'Honey, who's this chick on the computer?' haha!

I look forward to my 6-month mark (and beyond) and I hope my pics will be as motivational for others as yours are for me.

Keep up the great LCing!

I want my rack back, damnit! :)

P_JANE
Sun, Apr-06-03, 20:49
Hi Angela

I am brand new to this forum so have been reading through many posts. I love your pictures. You can REALLY see a big
difference. I think I will start taking pictures at intervals so I can
see myself at different stages too.

Congrats and keep up the great work! You look great!!

gladehaven
Mon, Apr-07-03, 09:07
You look mahvelous!

Congratulations!!!

TriciaW
Mon, Apr-07-03, 12:11
You look really great! Congrats on making it to the final stretch----you should be VERY proud of your progress :D

Say Hi 2 M
Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:48
hey girl i saw youre pics n you look Gr8.... I am on my fourth week of induction and i plan to stay on for 6 weeks... i just wanted to know if you could give me some tips and food ideas since i see it has worked so well for ya... Congrats ... :D

Skamito
Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:57
Hi, Say Hi 2 M...hi! :wave: Ahem... lots of hi's. :D Our stats look pretty similar, looks like you're off to a running start! During induction I basically stuck to eggs, big salads, meats, and veggies. No fancy tricks, just sticking to the good old lists really does the work for you. :) If you browse through the beginning of my journal, you can see some good beginner OWL menus for when you want to pump it up. I think I started OWL pretty well. As for induction, I only stayed on it for about 3 weeks and barely remember what I ate... just normal stuff, I guess. :rolleyes: If you keep a fitday or start a journal, I'd be happy to offer up some advice though. :)

My other trick that's REALLY worked is working out. Lifting weights is an amazing way to shape the body and it's where I've seen most of my inch progress. Haven't really lost weight, but those sizes are peeling down. :)

Thanks for stopping by... I will keep an eye out for you to start a journal. :)

Say Hi 2 M
Mon, Apr-07-03, 14:26
hey thank you so much... This forum has been so helpfull .. i have recently started a fitday
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/CalendarTab.asp
Ohh as for excerisie i dont do weights but i powerwalk for an hour everyday.... but i should start weights
Have a nice day and thanks again ;)
Dee <3

neeam
Mon, Apr-07-03, 14:59
congrats!! are you reverse-aging or what?? good job.
I accidently wore my wife's jeans and it fitted me well.
funny ha!!

I need to motivate my wife for LC-ing and I guess I have got
something here..

neeam

Chickadee
Thu, Apr-10-03, 15:52
Well, I had to stay after to school to find time to look at your pictures, but it was worth it! Way to go! I am so happy for you. I believe the exercising combined with the low-carb is the only way to go! Don't worry, I will definitely be looking for the 1 year anniversary pictures! Hey, I really like your new avatar too!

I am missing writing in my journal. Gotta get that problem figured out! Hope you are having fun at home!

Larisa

Cook
Mon, Apr-14-03, 10:34
Hi!

I just checked out your pics and I am really impressed. I scrolled through your journal and read about all the effort and hard work you have put in.

I am new to LCing and you ahve provided some inspiration. I think that I will take a before pic to have something to compare my smaller body to in a couple of months. :)

Keep up the great work and take care!

Kaela
Tue, Apr-15-03, 20:14
Hey girlie! You look beautiful!! :) Congratulations! and thanks for the motivation!

STALLQUEEN
Wed, Apr-16-03, 10:20
You look slim, congratulations.

Keep it up,

theresa113
Wed, Apr-16-03, 17:10
Skamito

I saw you link while reading a post on another thread. Can I say "WOW"! You looked great to start off with but OMG what a difference! You look awesome! :) Way to go!

do21little
Wed, Apr-16-03, 18:06
WOW!!!!!

You look fabulous!!!! Great job!!! You should be sooooooooooooooooo proud of yourself!!

swoozle
Wed, May-07-03, 16:44
WOW!!!!!! You look AWESOME!!! Thanks for the inspiration and proof that low-carb does work. This is just what I needed.

kitEkat
Fri, May-09-03, 04:16
WTG!!! You didnt look that :cheer: before. I think you look even better now! Congratulations! Yippee

flangee
Fri, May-09-03, 14:46
You look great! what an ispiration to all the new beginners of this WOL! ;)

bigguyjonc
Sat, Aug-23-03, 10:09
you look great! I thought you were beautiful before as well.

Jon

grits088
Wed, Nov-09-05, 01:15
Wow!! I can definitely tell a difference. You are as skinny as a rail. You give me great motivation. Keep us posted......you look very petite and toned NOW.

vegaslassi
Fri, Apr-20-07, 12:59
I enjoyed reading your story and it is inspiring for me. Thank you for sharing your story.