PDA

View Full Version : Hi, where do I begin?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thebigman
Mon, Mar-31-03, 17:10
:confused: at 343 lbs where do I start with the Atkins diet, I have been doing the gym for the past month and lost 7lbs, but love my carbohydrates, it is because of this I feel I might be better off on low carb diet and remove the temptation to binge on carb rich food. I visited the Atkins web site and gathered as much info re induction, so planning to start tommorrow. So a big hello and please give any advice you have

together we can do it!!

celtinore
Mon, Mar-31-03, 18:46
Welcome :wave: , and you've already begun -- you've gathered information, made an informed decision, and joined us here on this forum!

I encourage you to start a journal (instructions are at the top of this forum). It's a great place to wonder, cheer, vent, etc. -- and lots of nice folks stop by to encourage you!

We also have a special forum for folks facing the extra challenge of losing 100 or more pounds -- it's called the Triple Digits Club, and you are cordially invited to attend!

thebigman
Tue, Apr-01-03, 03:06
Thanks for your reply I have just started my journal and finding this group really great fun. Today is day One so I am off to find out more about what I should be eating, in terms of meals and make a shopping list for the store.
:wave: so a big hello to yourself!!!

Alina
Tue, Apr-01-03, 03:11
Hi in Scottland!

Welcome!
You can check my links below, hope it will make things easier for you.
Great idea about the journal, too.
Good luck!
alina

thebigman
Wed, Apr-02-03, 10:39
Thanks for advising me about fitday, as I love doing websites I have found the site really useful for working out just how well one is doing. I have posted my link so that anyone may visit and comment on my diet etc. The Atkins diet sofar has been great and for the first time ever i don't feel hungry. 8lbs down and many more to go, but with your encouragemnt I know i can do it :roll: