PDA

View Full Version : overwelming cravings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nanci rae
Mon, Mar-31-03, 13:53
What do I do when those cravings come. They can be so overwhelming . Rembering what it was like ? I really need some help.

windy
Mon, Mar-31-03, 13:58
nanci rae when the cravings come drink a big glass of cold water, get your hands and your mind busy. It is hard at first but believe it or not in not too many days you will have no cravings and it will be so much easier.

I should say I did not have cravings after about 4 days. I still do not but think I am hungry some times and I find it is boredom not being hungry.

Hang in there and it will all happen for you.

Windy

lkonzelman
Mon, Mar-31-03, 14:19
Hi Nancy ...

What do I do when those cravings come.

Eat! You are now allowed to eat until satisifed!!! HOORAY I love those words!!! Learn to enjoy food again without guilt! Just stay under the minimum carbs and enjoy.

Learn to trust your body again.

nanci rae
Mon, Mar-31-03, 18:18
Originally posted by windy
nanci rae when the cravings come drink a big glass of cold water, get your hands and your mind busy. It is hard at first but believe it or not in not too many days you will have no cravings and it will be so much easier.

I should say I did not have cravings after about 4 days. I still do not but think I am hungry some times and I find it is boredom not being hungry.

Hang in there and it will all happen for you.

Windy

Rosebud
Mon, Mar-31-03, 18:36
Hi there Nanci Rae,

If you are craving for sweet things, try L-Glutamine. I have found it to be enormously helpful. I followed Dr Atkins' advice and took 500mg ½ hour before meals, and those cravings disappeared!

Some folk find that eating a snack that has plenty of protein and fat - such as cheese, tuna & mayo etc - helps remove sweet cravings.

HTH!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

bellybgone
Tue, Apr-01-03, 15:45
I love it! It's small and convenient and it gets me over those craving humps. I also like to eat a few olives.

But, if something sweet is really what you're after, run for a can of whip cream. Two tablespoons = 1.5 g/fat and 1 g/carb. Nutritionally worthless, however it calms the sugar monster down for me and it feels really decadent. A tiny treat, yet worth it! :thup:

Kris