PDA

View Full Version : i need help big time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kiwimum007
Mon, Mar-31-03, 05:50
:wave: i there im new here like many others ive finally found a site that is for nz as well :yay: ive not started the atkins yet i want to but i really need the menus written out for me as i find it difficult to work out 20gms a day, so if anyone has it already written out for them can i have a copy but not the one from the book and it tell me to eat canadian bacon we dont get it here what do i eat instead and drink, i have to lose the weight as im on the verge of dibeties and im desparate somone please help, and by the way is there anyone that lives in the waikato area im alone here :(

joancourt
Mon, Mar-31-03, 06:28
I am new here too...
Pemeal bacon is the same thing as Canadian bacon. It is just a bacon that is pickled as opposed to smoked and it has less fat on it.

I have found that the CALP diet is much easier to follow than the Aikens as there is no counting of carbs. I find that is the most healthy of the diets too. MSN.com had a site featured today on the effects of the low carb and high protien diets. You might find that interesting to read.

I suffer from an underactive thyroid and found the CALP diet worked best. Lots of energy, no cravings and actually lost weight eating cheese cake for my RM.

theresa113
Mon, Mar-31-03, 09:43
Kim,

Check out the journals... so many people put their menus on their journals. That may be a good start.

Also, check out the recipe threads as well as the recipes on the orange bar.

On the atkins site there is a menu section. Click here to check it out:

http://atkinscenter.com/food/seasonalmenus.html

Also, www.lowcarbluxury.com has lots of recipes.

The cool thing about Atkins, is that there is not this strict plan for what to eat every day. It is a VERY creative meal plan which keeps out the boredom. There are also several threads in this forum about grocery shopping which should help you as well.

Congratulations on your new WOL and WOE (way of life and way of eating)!

pegva
Mon, Mar-31-03, 09:56
No body remembers everything they ate or how many carbs are in it...
That's why we use Fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com)
It's GREAT... you just tell it what you ate and it calculates everything for you. You can put in your exercise too!

Try it out!
And Welcome!!!