PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cc48510
Sun, Mar-30-03, 15:01
I have been overweight since about 1994/1995. On Dec. 20, 1997 I went on a Low-Fat diet. After 6 months, I gave up because I was miserable and had only lost a very small amount of weight. I quickly gained all of the weight back.

After that I continued gaining weight. But, it really took off when I went off to college in 1999. Being on my own for the first time, I began looking for cheap, easy to cook food. This came in the form of Pasta, Bread, and Ramen Soup. For the next 3 1/2 years, I would eat a diet composed almost entirely of Bread, Pasta, Ramen, and Soda.

I had heard about Atkins a few years ago. But, when I checked into it, I got a number of people saying it was dangerous and doesn't work. That coupled with the fact I don't trust late-night infomercials scared me away from Atkins.

From 1999 to 2002, I went from 220 to 320 pounds. In December 2002, I began looking again for a way to lose weight. Among other things, I was beginning to have pains in my legs and open sores where fat rubbed together.

A friend pointed me back to Atkins explaining how it works. After seeing how it really worked...I went on Atkins Dec. 20, 2002...Five years to the day I had begun the failed low-fat diet.

Among other things, since going on Atkins:

1) I've lost 52 pounds (315 to 263),
2) I've lost 6-8 inches off my waist (54" to 46/48"),
2) I sleep normal hours for the first time in years,
3) My constant reflux/indigestion has gone away,
4) The pains in me legs are gone, and
5) The sores have almost completely healed.

I do not miss Bread, Pasta, or Ramen in the least. I use Stevia in place of Sugar in all my recipes...so, I don't ever have to (intentionally) eat refined sugar again. The only two food I miss in the least are Pizza and Potatoes. Perhaps, once I lose another 88 pounds (and reach my goal weight) I can occassionally enjoy small amounts of these two.

Rosebud
Sun, Mar-30-03, 15:18
Hi there cc, welcome!

What a great advertisement you are for low carbing - well done!

Have you checked our recipe forums yet? We have recipes there for "meatza" (you'll find that one in Low Carb Recipes on the orange bar at the top of the screen), "chicken pizza - flattening a chicken breast then covering with pizza toppings and Deep Dish Pizza Quiche. They may help with your pizza "needs." ;)

How about starting up a journal here, cc? It's a great way to give and receive support from new friends.

Cheers!

:rose:Rosebud:rose: