PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! I'm new here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Starr-StL
Fri, Mar-28-03, 17:08
Hi everyone! I wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

My name is Starr, and I'm a 26/F from St.Louis. My parents started the Atkins diet recently (they're in their 5th week) and were urging me to join them. Since I wanted to lose 10-15 lbs, I figured now would be the best time to try this, since I have a support system at home.

So, I'm on day 5...woohoo! And all is going very well so far. I have lost 3 lbs, and haven't even been having cravings. After day one I wasn't even hungry anymore. I did have a bout of nausea on Thursday, but I don't think I was eating enough.

Anyway, I started out at 108 lbs (I'm only 4'11" though) and my target weight is about 92-96 lbs. But my first goal is just to get into my clothes again....which I can do for sure if I get down to 100 lbs!

So, that's my story. Nice to meet y'all! :)

Lessara
Fri, Mar-28-03, 18:48
Welcome to the board and welcome to low carbing. Hopefully its a life decision but I was curious. Are your parents overweight and are either diabetic? You are so close to your own weight that you would do great on the Maintanance Plan of Atkins, You would probably still lose weight on it. You are very fortunate to have parents who can support you and they are fortunate to have to to support them. My sisters keep telling me I'm going to either have a heart attack or lose a kidney :rolleyes:
(One sister is a Vegitarian who cringes at me eating meat)
So welcome on board!! :wave: