PDA

View Full Version : Induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LindaMark
Fri, Mar-28-03, 15:05
Hi - We're sturggling with the induction phase. Any menu ideas that can make this period more bearable? thanks

lkonzelman
Fri, Mar-28-03, 15:21
I love salads since i'm allowed full fat dressings. As long as the dressing has under 2 carbs per 2 TBS serving it is ok... usually ranch, caesar and blue cheeses are fine. I love caesar salads w/ grilled chicken or boiled shrimp and lots of shredded parm cheese... I make burgers and cheesesteaks w/ sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers.... frittattas or good omelets w/ lots of meats and veggies...

Also a good idea to have lots of snack foods to eat for when you just get hungry. I usually have egg, chicken, shrimp or tuna salad w/ lots of mayo and celery available. Lunch meats to have a slice now and again. Hard boiled eggs, some cheeses to cut up (watch - to stay under the 3-4 oz daily), or pepperoni is great microwaved into little crispy treats (35 seconds and wipe off the grease - LOL).

A really great treat I like lately is Diet Rite (sweetened w/ splenda) root beer or orange soda w/ 1 TBS of heavy whipping cream added. Like a float! :yum:

There is so much to have and enjoy! I love this WOL!

Natrushka
Fri, Mar-28-03, 16:30
Hi, Linda. If you look up to the menu bar in orange highlight atop every page you'll see a section marked "Low Carb Tips". In there you will find an article called "Jazzing Up your Induction" - it's full of great ideas :)

Cheers,
Nat