PDA

View Full Version : I might have been born for this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

srma
Fri, Mar-28-03, 01:31
I'm new to the low carb life style but outside of missing noodles I love it. (so far) Only talking in 9-13 of carbs a day. I could stay in induction phase for a while. I know it won't last but I dropped 13lbs in the 1st 4 days and feel great.

Talon
Fri, Mar-28-03, 05:27
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

In the beginning I missed noodles too, but now, outside of wondering what they still taste like - I have no problem either.

Keep up the good work!

Alina
Fri, Mar-28-03, 05:37
Hi and welcome!

WOW, quite a progress in such a short time!
I hope you don't mind me recommending some usefull links (below).
Happy lowcarbing!
Alina

downscale
Fri, Mar-28-03, 10:51
That's how I felt -- this diet has fit me like a glove. I never started the day with cold cereal; don't like mainly flour-and-water products like biscuits, pasta, pancakes; didn't eat the fat crust at the edge of the pizza; and tended to take one of the pieces of bread off my sandwich. I think my body was trying to tell me something.

What to expect -- in a week or so, the weight loss will stop for a bit while your body catches its breath and adjusts to the change. Don't worry about it. Just keep going and it will start again (hopefully in a few days.) Keep drinking that water

srma
Wed, Apr-02-03, 05:04
Week one was great.. 15 lbs Week two I hit the 1st wall.. Any tips on jump starting this thing back up... I realize 15 a week is not real but I am shooting for 2 lbs every 3 days. Is that realistic? I am fairly active and am trying to exercise atleat a couple mornings a week. :confused:

downscale
Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:29
Well I told you you would hit the wall and here you are! Keep drinking the water and stay strict. If you roam around this website, you will see that stalling is one of the top 3 topics. Everyone has his own theory -- mine is to wait it out, but then I have never been stuck for very long.

You have finished the glamorous, romance phase of this diet -- when you think the rate will keep up indefinitely and you start thinking "At this rate, I will reach my goal by ______!" (fill in the blank). Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Now you are in the day-to-day "real life" phase. Welcome to the trenches!

Finally -- 2 pounds every 3 days sounds a little optimistic. After the initial loss, I settled into about a pound a week. Everyone loses at a different rate. You have more to lose, so you may enjoy a decent rate for a longer time. Let's hope. Meanwhile, just settle in for the long ride. Good luck.