PDA

View Full Version : I think I might have candida in my intestines help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

geel
Thu, Mar-27-03, 18:50
One note before you start on this post I was a major junk food junkie!!!!!!!!!! Ate nothing good for me ever!

I've been on atkins since 2/3/03. B-4 I started I was having terible stomach aches esp right after TOM and getting this gurgling,growling in my lower GI also belching which it not normal for me and how could I forget gas! This has been going on since I say mid fall. Last year was very stressful for me won't go into it. But I assumed the stress and anxiety caused these GI problems. So anyway start Atkins and doing great induction went well until About 3rd week then the gurgling and growling are now back. stomach aches are gone though. But I will get what I call little tweeks of pain in lower GI nothing to make me miserable just noticeable . Question is this should I cut out my use of splenda? and see if thats helps? Is there anything else I should not be eating? I consume cheese too everday. I am ready to go to doc about this cause it is starting to worry me. Have had some bowel issues with atkins plan too. It seems to me when I started adding foods back into plan the gassy stuff came back. Any thoughts out there??? appreciate it Ellen

Kent
Fri, Mar-28-03, 08:53
Hi geel,

I would cut out the Splenda for now. The cheese is an absolute no-no for Candida. I have researched bowel diseases and Candida. The information is available on the following web page. The "Starting Diet" is LC with additional restrictions that are very important. As an example, raw lettuce salads are great for someone on LC for weight loss but absolutely dreadful for some bowel diseases. Cheese and vinegar are in this category for Candida. Please let us know how it goes.

Bowel Diseases and Candida - News You Can Use. (http://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htm)

Kent :wave:

poopu
Sun, Apr-06-03, 14:50
Ellen,
I have had GI issues for about 6 weeks... I took the Candida test by doc Cooke and passed with flying colors! NOT good!

Anyway... I have been using the Body Ecology Diet. With in 1 week I have seen great improvement in my energy. I had a bit of a time with the yeast dying off. Felt sicker than I had before.

You may be having yeast die off symptoms from the lack of sugar and carbos. As it turns out I quit drinking 6 weeks ago and that is when I started feeling really bad and started craving things like gummy worms! :thdown:

I started on a program of kefir and Solaray Yeast-Cleanse. This is helping a lot! I also take some acopholis sp? in liquid form.

I would suggest you cut out the cheese... it is a breeder for yeast... and try to find some RAW apple cider vinegar for salads and lightly cooked veggies.

If you can check out the body ecology diet book... it should help a lot.

Also in the last week I have been researching supplements to deal with yeast.. I found that Garden of Life has some great products. Primal Defense has loads probiotic support and the Fungal cleanse. I will be ordering the Primal defense soon and intend to take it for some time.

Good Luck!

Ramona

geel
Mon, Apr-07-03, 20:10
Thanks for info I will check it all out. :) Ellen