PDA

View Full Version : Should I try this plan?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Buffyslyr
Thu, Mar-27-03, 08:32
I know that I want to try low carbing to drop weight and just live a healthier lifestyle. I am considering either Schwarzbein or Atkins. I'd love it if you could tell me a little about this program and any opinions. Thanks!

kascalia
Thu, Mar-27-03, 10:50
:wave:
Do you want to drop weight quick or have great health with slow weight lose?
If you want quick results go with Akins, But I you want excelent health stick with TSP.
I started out with ssing and lost my weigh quick but I didn't feel good and the low carb food combinding thing wasn't healthy for me. When I switch over to TSP I notice a incrediable difference. Add carbs to each meal (the proper amount for my current matbo.) I have more engery and was not hungry all the time. I personally would suggest TSP. You should read both of her books.
Any further questions you can email me.
Good luck
Kerrie

Piano
Fri, Mar-28-03, 10:19
I have been on both programs. Atkins is very hard on you. Though you lose weight very quickly, I was extremely tired for the first 4-6 weeks. I got leg cramps at night and was very, very cranky. Even though I took all of the supplements he recommended, I still craved carbs and would have died for a piece of bread or fruit. I was constantly eating artificial sweeteners to satisfy my sweet tooth.

SPII is so good for you. Once you figure out what type you are it really is taylor made for where you are at. I have lost weight slowly, averaging 1.5 pounds per week, but boy do I feel good, and I also realize I can make this a livable way of life forever. I can eat fruit and delicious whole wheat bread! :p

I'm sold on SPII