PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Crepes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Fantasia
Thu, Mar-27-03, 08:29
Here is a recipe that is highly modifiable. Play with it and see what you can do!

1 egg, beaten, per crepe. (Carb count depends on the size egg. I prefer jumbo)

Heat large non-stick skillet sprayed with Pam or non stick spray of your choosingover medium high heat. (I found butter tends to brown too quickly for my tastes.) Pour in beaten egg and quickly coat the bottom of the skillet. Egg will firm very quickly. As it becomes done, the sides will loosen. Flip and gently warm the other side. Remove to plate.

Filling:

1/4 C ricotta cheese (2.52g)
Packet of Splenda (1g)
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of raspberry SF syrup

Whip or whisk until light and fluffy.

1 large strawberry, thinly sliced. (1 carb)

Lay slices of strawberry in center of crepe, top with whipped ricotta filling, and roll up. Top with one reserved slice of strawberry and a Tbsp. whipped topping, dust with a dash of Splenda if desired.

Great alone, served with fresh homemade sausage, scrambled or fried eggs, or as a dessert!

Variations:

Dash of Splenda and cinnamon added to egg, fill with rocotta, leave out strawberries.

or:

Salt and pepper in the egg, ricotta whipped with herbs of your choosing, and sausage for stuffing.

Leave out ricotta, and fill with minced chicken, some silced black olives, grated cheddar, dash of hot sauce. Roll, placing bottom down in baking dish sprayed with Pam or no-stick cooking spray. Make several and place in a baking dish, top with a little more cheddar and a slice or two of jalepeno. Bake to melt cheese. Serve with sour cream.

Also makes a great "tuna melt"!

FabMarta
Mon, Apr-21-03, 22:13
When you make this, the crepe is egg alone? No soy flour or Atkins bake mix added? Did I miss that part? It's late...
Thanks!!!
Fab Marta :thup: :thup: :thup:

nikkil
Tue, Apr-22-03, 07:09
holy cow--this sounds AWESOME!!! I used to love the cheese blintzes at IHOP. Now I can make 'em at home!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this recipe!

Nicole

FabMarta
Fri, Apr-25-03, 07:54
I was surprised how well the crepe turned out! Very cool! I used two ounces of cream cheese and some sf rasberry jam melted together in mine! It was great!!!
fm :thup: :thup: :thup:

srd0821
Sat, Apr-26-03, 10:15
this morning I made crepe filled w/ ricotta cheese

My technique:
after I had made the eggs...I used the same hot pan (heat turned off though)...and added 1/4 cup ricotta and splash of heavy cream, salt and pepper....layerd on top of my egg and rolled up. It was very yummy!!

Juli_G
Mon, Apr-11-05, 16:43
Yum! I just made these. The only thing I'd suggest is mixing some splenda with the egg for the crepe instead of putting it in the filling. That way it wouldn't taste quite so much like eggs. I used SF jam and SF vanilla syrup. Can't wait to try a chocolate one!! :wave:

cococarby
Mon, Apr-11-05, 21:54
I make these with all the time. Another good variation is cream cheese sweetned with splenda and a few blueberries.

ryaxnb
Wed, Apr-13-05, 01:00
Sounds good. for my diet the ricotta cheese versions will be out, but versions without it are fine.

Rubinesque
Tue, Nov-15-05, 07:51
This sounds excellant, can't wait to try it. I have a question for Atkins dieters. I bought some chocolate and vanilla Atkins syrup. Tried it in coffee, bad, tried it in a few other things, bad, what is it good in? Maybe I am using it wrong, any suggestions?
Thanks
Rubinesque

Nancy LC
Tue, Nov-15-05, 16:18
I've been making egg crepes for awhile. Same technique as yours but I add a bit of water to the egg and shake it up in a lidded container. Usually I try to make a half dozen or so and use them throughout the week.