PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie Looking For Encouragement

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Hnellnyc
Wed, Mar-26-03, 23:03
I only started Atkins three days ago and I've been religious in my following of it. As an addicted carb junkie, I've since removed all caffeine, breads, pastas and any other refined sugars. My diet consists of eggs and bacon for breakfast, a lunch of chicken or fish with salad or a veggie and a dinner of a major protein with a veggie. But in the past three days I have been tired, dizzy and feel strange. IS THIS NORMAL? I don't want to break because all the things that I've read say that Atkins can change your life. I just want this to pass. I'd appreciate any help or advice. Also, what do I do with the horrible cravings? I haven't cheated yet but its hard. Thanks for the help.

Karen
Thu, Mar-27-03, 01:21
But in the past three days I have been tired, dizzy and feel strange. IS THIS NORMAL?

Completely! You're going through carb withdrawal and it will pass. If you're not taking any supplements, a good multi vitamin and cal/mag would be a good idea at this point.

If you can live through the cravings, you'll be so much better off but some people combat it with sugar-free Jell-o.

It will change your life. Stick with it! :)

Karen