PDA

View Full Version : New Member Saying Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Falconlord
Mon, Mar-24-03, 11:21
Ive been fighting weight gain for long time. Take it off, gain it back...the old yoyo syndrone. My doctor actually suggested I try the Atkins Diet System so started this month. This is my second week and I am feeling the results.

Tiggerdy
Mon, Mar-24-03, 15:06
Most excellent (I know, sounds '80s-ish, but hey...)! Glad to see you're experiencing the positives of the LC WOL already.

Anyhoo, welcome to the good old forum. There's tons of us former yo-yo dieters here and LOADS of information available at the tip of your fingers to help you along your LC journey. Food for thought, consider starting a journal to track your progress- it also is a real nice place to meet people and correspond w/others like just like you!

Again, welcome and best of luck in your LC WOL!!

Nikki :daizy:

celtinore
Mon, Mar-24-03, 20:27
Congratulations, and welcome! :wave: You'll find lots of support & encouragement here!

liz175
Mon, Mar-24-03, 21:16
Welcome! How wonderful that you have a doctor who is supportive of this way of eating -- so many of us have doctors who are skeptical or outright opposed.

If you haven't found it yet, you might want to check out the Triple Digits Club under Low Carb Support Focus Groups about two-thirds of the way down the home page for the forum. It is for people who need to lose 100 or more pounds and is a great source of advice and support for those of us with a lot to lose.