PDA

View Full Version : [SB] How Many Carbs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marybee
Sun, Mar-23-03, 07:08
Hello All,
Just got good news from my doctor about my diabetes. He did the blood test that tests the average levels for the last 3 months and mine tested within NORMAL limits. Yay Sugarbusters plan!!!!!I still need to stay on it, and exercise more. I've only lost a total of about 35#'s.
I was thinking of cutting back on carbs and yet still be on a modified Sugarbusters plan. Perhaps that will help with weight loss. I don't know how many carbs to eat, though. Once I know what the amount should be, it should be easy enough to figure out just by reading labels, correct? Does one count the carbs in veggies, salads etc? Maybe I should go out and buy a book on the Atkins diet, but I don't want to totally give up my whole wheat bread, etc--just cut down. I know there are breads out there made by Atkins that are low, or no carbs, but has anyone tried those?
Thanks for all your help.
Mary

Monet
Mon, Mar-24-03, 20:37
Why don't you just cut down on the number of servings of starchy carbs you eat? Limit it to two a day, and see if that helps. The Atkins plan is very different from SB, and you count carbs, but subtract the fiber grams. On SB you don't need to count carbs, you just need to eat legal stuff. 35 pounds lost is pretty good. If you are losing, why not just keep doing what you are doing? You know..if it ain't broke don't fix it!

LovableLC
Sat, Apr-12-03, 22:12
I was on Atkins, but needed oatmeal and not so much math so I came to sugarbusters, but incorporated Atkins into it. I try to keep my carbs around 20 but will let it go up to 40ish. I personally think it's a good idea to set a limit and not go hog wild. Try something like 50 and if you lose stay there and lower it as you stall. Find whatever works for you, but I think limiting is always good. Good luck!

TexasTerry
Sat, Jun-07-03, 09:13
You amy want to take a look at the South Beach Diet. After 2-weeks, it does allow "some" healthy carbs back in, ie whole wheat bread.

It is similar to sugar busters claiming to be a healthy eating plan for diabetics.

I saw an article in Prevention.com so I bought the book and now I'm giving it a try...

summer*rai
Fri, Jun-13-03, 18:34
Hi...I've been on atkins for 5 months....but I do inccorporate low glycemic fruit, nuts, cottage cheese, etc...

There are no low carb tortilla's you can find at kroger...and Nature own not only makes a low sugar wheat bread, but also a low carbohydrate bread that I have...It's nice to have a sandwich once in a while...

judy roger
Sat, Jun-14-03, 07:08
hio texas terry where u get the book from begin looking for it but havent found it in shop anywhere