PDA

View Full Version : Loving low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ChristyC
Sat, Mar-22-03, 14:02
Hi everyone, I'm Christy, and i'm new to here. I've read several messeges about wanting to give up on low carb dieting. I'm 23, and I have 3 kids. In October of 2002, I hit my highest weight ever of 198 lbs. I had tried all kinds of low fat, low calorie diets only to gain more weight and stay hungry. I started researching Dr Adkins diet, and on October 28th decided to give it a try. I kept a journal of how many carbs I ate at each meal. I kept my carb intake at 20 or below, and made sure to eat at least 4 times a day. By Christmas I weighed 165 lbs!!. I went off of the diet in January, and returned 1 week ago. just this week I have lost 6 lbs!!!!! Just stick with it, it does get easier, and it feels so great to see yourself get smaller. Best wishes to everyone:)

Elihnig
Sat, Mar-22-03, 14:45
Welcome Christy!

You've had great success so far. The holidays are a hard time for me too.

This is a great site for support and information. If you want, you can start a journal in the My Journal/Bootcamp section of the forum. It's a great tool.

Welcome back to low carbing, and welcome to this site!

Beth

dcbrowne
Sat, Mar-22-03, 15:07
Wow-Great Job-Welcome!

RBalhan
Sun, Mar-23-03, 19:24
Welcome Christy:

You're doing great...keep it up. :thup:

Rose :rose: