PDA

View Full Version : New to the list

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MonaB
Fri, Mar-21-03, 22:33
Hi, I'm MonaB, excited about starting the Atkins diet in February, now 4 weeks, down 11 pounds. I realized today that I needed a partner to keep from getting bored with the diet. Someone I can ask questions to and know I'll get an answer. I feel certain this forum is where I need to be. Has anyone felt that way? Thanks MonaB

Kristine
Fri, Mar-21-03, 22:42
Hi Mona! :wave:

You've got hundreds of partners now. ;) If you want some more "localized" chit-chat, feel free to browse peoples' journals, and/or start one of your own. Everyone likes journal visits! :)

My cure for boredom is to browse the recipe section. I've still barely made a dent in it! :daze: Remember to try things you haven't tried before. :idea:

For questions, I think it's best to post them in their appropriate forum (as opposed to a journal or private message) so that everyone can see it and benefit. :cool: I don't say that as a moderator, I say it as a general member who just might have the same question. ;)

Enjoy!

RBalhan
Sat, Mar-22-03, 06:12
Hi Mona: :wave:

Kristine is correct, browse around and look into other people's journals. There is a wealth of ideas and answers to all your questions and when you find someone's journal interesting, post to it and soon you may become friends and help each other. I have found outside of this Forum there are very few people you can talk to about Atkins so this is the best place for you.

As for being bored with the diet I have researched so many new recipes (which is something I never did before...I guess too lazy) and have had so much fun with them. Might as well make this WOE FUN.

Good luck to you.

Rose :rose: