PDA

View Full Version : Back on Low Carb Again!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

scase
Thu, Mar-20-03, 09:59
Hello Everyone,
I haven't been on the forums for quite a while and I wasn't too active on them. I have decided to go back on the low carb WOL as that seems to be the only thing that helps me keep the weight off. I lost 20+ pounds at the beginning of last year and felt great but gained it back plus more! :eek:

Now, I've decided to get back into the groove and get my act together. I feel miserable at my current weight!!

I also need to get motivation to exercise. I have a treadmill at home that is collecting dust so I'm planning on putting it in front of the tv so I can walk off some of the weight. I'm also planning on getting more active with my dogs.

I hope I can keep motivated. I'm going to try to get onto the lists at least once a day and try to keep track on FitDay with my food.

Wish me luck!!
Thank you for listening!
Stephanie

I.W.Gurl
Thu, Mar-20-03, 10:32
Good luck, Stephanie!

I am also a second timer, I previously shed 60lbs on the WOE - gaining about 10 back when I "strayed" (to put it lightly - parden the pun).

I find using Fitday and keeping a journal are great tools, they help to keep me honest!

Iowagirl
Thu, Mar-20-03, 14:01
Welcome back!
Make a work out schedule and stick to it! Psych yourself up the night before - get excited about doing something so good for yourself.
And keep posting! :wave:

RBalhan
Thu, Mar-20-03, 14:17
Hi Scase:

The more I read about people returning to this WOE the more I realize this HAS to be a lifetime commitment or suffer the consequences of gaining back all the weight you've lost. And discovering that the second time around won't be as easy. Just a thought I wanted to share.

Hope you are successful this time and also in keeping it off.

Get involved in the Forum...makes it more worthwhile when you make friends here...one's who understand what you go through to be thin.

Rose :rose:

scase
Thu, Mar-20-03, 14:51
Thank you to all of you that have posted and provided me with some good advice and motivation to stick to it this time.

I plan on being a part of the forums more regularly versus the last time I was on the diet. I've done well today with my meals. I've found that I don't necessarily look for food anymore (had a couple of hypnosis sessions that seemed to help that problem!) but I do tend to look for food when I'm bored. At least lately, I've been telling myself that I don't want it so why eat it!! :nono:

Thank you again and I'll keep the forums posted. Now, tonight to try to start the exercising!! :thup:

heidibug
Thu, Mar-20-03, 17:26
Hi! I also, am a returning low-carb-er and ,like you, I have also gained back the 40 lbs. I lost plus some extra. If we can help each other out in our quest, I would be more than happy to have a low-carb support buddy, especially someone who has done it before. I'm pretty sure the reason I have fallen off the wagon in the past is because I've had no one to talk to about the challenges a carb. junkie faces. Let me know if you're interested in being support for each other and the same to anyone else out there who needs extra TLC.
Heidi :)

scase
Fri, Mar-21-03, 15:31
Hi Heidi,
I'm all for the support you're offering and I hope I can offer some to you. I already strayed from the hard and fast LC way last night but, actually, I'm not looking to do it strictly like Atkins. When I put myself on the Induction diet last time, I didn't lose weight. I had to take in more carbs than he suggests and then I started to lose. I also plan on exercising this time around because I know that I really need to do that!

Are you following a strict Atkins diet? What kinds of thiings have you found to eat for breakfast? That's my hardest meal because I'm kind of tired of eggs! I do have a really good recipe for LC waffles but I have to make them on the weekend to have them for during the week.

Hope to hear from you again. :wiggle: