PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated in Missouri

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gate36
Sun, Mar-16-03, 00:34
Workenmom - I was disappointed that I couldn't instant message you yet. Why is this policy? Anyway, I thought maybe we had the same chiropractor from the way you described him. Interesting that mine also sells the book and is extremely excited about the program. I am really struggling to get back on. I feel so much better without sugar and eating low carbs, especially eating little wheat. Do others find that wheat disturbs their stomach?
Any tips for getting motivated from anyone out there? Sure would be appreciated.
Gate36

amieK
Sun, Mar-16-03, 12:26
You wrote:

I feel so much better without sugar and eating low carbs, especially eating little wheat. Do others find that wheat disturbs their stomach?

Yep!! Wheat is one of the deadly seven when it comes to food allergies. If it upsets your stomach, I recommend staying completely away from it. I had all kinds of chronic health problems clear up when I discovered my wheat allergy and stopped eating it. Lifelong eczema problem cured! Irregular menstrual cycle became like clockwork! Fewer migraines! After dinner fatigue - gone! Like the T-shirt in the right-hand corner reads- EAT MEAT, NOT WHEAT!

About the PM policy, don't know why it's that way but suspect it's in place for board members protection, to screen out trolls, those people who like to come on boards just to see what kinds of trouble they can stir up.

So have patience and keep posting, you'll be able to PM in no time! Starting a journal is a good idea. Just go to the Journals board and read the posted instructions. And feel free to pop by to read and respond to the Journals of other members. A shortcut to get to somebody's journal is to click on the journal icon at the bottom of their post.

All the best,
amieK
:wave:

eva123
Sun, Mar-16-03, 13:20
Hi gate36

Same here for wheat. I have often believed that it contributed to my upset stomach (on one side) and my eczema outburts (yes! that's what they are!!!) I actually even thought rice also triggered it.

I have had fewer of those and my stomach is better. At this time, I am in the process of identifying the last things that do upset it. might be eating too close to bedtime and spicy in the evening.

ciao :wave:

eva123
Sun, Mar-16-03, 13:21
Hi gate36

Same here for wheat (and I mostly thought about rice...) I have often believed that it contributed to my upset stomach (on one side) and my eczema outburts (yes! that's what they are!!!)

I have had fewer of those and my stomach is better. At this time, I am in the process of identifying the last things that do upset it. might be eating too close to bedtime and spicy in the evening.

ciao :wave: