PDA

View Full Version : low carb products??!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bree
Sat, Mar-15-03, 13:39
I am curious if all the muffin/ pancake mixes / cereals are OK to eat as long as you are staying under 10g per meal. I dont eat any fruit or bread or anything on this plan...just the mixes.

I find myself under 25 g per day of carbs, so I know I am doing OK in that sense.

I find that since I started eating the muffins etc. my fibre has gone up which has also helped my constipation problem I was having in the 1st week of Atkins before I switched.

I have not lost any weight and it has been 2 weeks now. Am I being impatient??

Bree

moe0204
Sat, Mar-15-03, 15:48
If you are not losing weight I wouldn't think that would be the problem. I lose much better if I eat a lot of fats. I've been finding out that others have the same experience on other support boards. I felt almost blasphemous when I admitted that unless i ate lots of fat I didn't lose, but I went two solid months without losing and within a week of upping my fats I lost 5 lbs. the weight continues to come off with extra fats. Sausage is my favorite source. Some people can't lose at all if they go under 1600 calories and getting those calories from fats actually seems more productive than getting them from low fat meat choices. You might see if that will make a positive difference for you.

bree
Mon, Mar-17-03, 11:37
doesnt that kind of go against what the book says though?? They say that if you want to lose you have to cut your fat calories down....

Maybe I will try that. I find it so hard eating a lot of fat, even though I am eating way more than I did before. (I ate less than 10 g. per day!!!) Can you check out my fitday journal and tell me what you would do in my case??

Bree

MsJinx
Mon, Mar-17-03, 17:16
Hope you don't mind if I jump in on this discussion! It doesn't look like you have much weight to lose - like myself. That means that you're close to eating how you should be already, at least calories wise. Induction wasn't for me - and at the time I wondered if it was because I didn't have a lot to lose.

The Zone is working better for me - I lost more the first three days than I did on Induction - HOWEVER - I am exercising, which I feel is extremely important to keep metabolism high (at least for me). Although I really liked the idea of Atkins, I realized that I didn't need such a drastic change.

bree
Mon, Mar-17-03, 20:04
Can you give me a bit more info about how The Zone is working better for you?? Do you think the initial weight loss you had was water?? I feel as if I am gaining...not losing.

DO you have a fitday page??

I have not found many people who are in the same boat as me...so it would be nice to talk to you.

Bree

moonpie
Mon, Mar-17-03, 21:44
I started on Atkins and have switched to PP about 1 month ago. I find that many "low carb products" slow me down. What seems to be working for me is: eat most carbs early in the day, eat 1/2 orange or 1 can of tomato juice in the a.m. with protein. I never worry about the fat, I do notice that if I eat high carb (for me) 30-40 for a day or two and then drop it down to 20-30 for a couple of days it seems to trick my wicked body into letting go of the fat. I let go of caffeine last week and added mega L-caritine before b-fast and before lunch and lost 3 lbs last week. I think the fruit and high carb in the a.m. has helped me in the "regularity" dept :D . I have been logging into fit day but will have to make it viewable soon. Jules

moe0204
Tue, Mar-18-03, 15:17
I went and looked at your fitday entries. I don't think you are being impatient. I think you are getting too many carbs to lose weight. If you eat that much protein and fats and then eat that many carbs, I think your body just sits there. When I lost so much weight before, I remember the Eades would say to eat 7-10 carbs at a time and wait a few hours. thirty carbs was the recommended amount per day until your waist to hip ration was .8 which was heart healthy. then I added 5 carbs at a time until I started gaining which NEVER happened until that darn prednisone five years later. I always ate 11-15 carbson the diet because I just couldnt seem to get lower. In a day I ate 45 carbs but was real good about never getting more than 15 at a time. These were the days before LC foods at all and my carbs were often from plain old fun sized candy bars. They were all about 11 carbs.
I ate at least one a day.

bree
Tue, Mar-18-03, 19:38
I have RARELY been going over 10 carbs per meal, and if you look back in my journal....I have been really good with the carbs. I agree with the fact that I should stay away from the low carb stuff as much as possible....but I have been really good and most days I am even under 20....(thats not counting the FIBRE). And the thing is...I need the fibre otherwise I get really constipated, and it can be very painful.

Yesterday was a bad day (pre-menstrual)....but if you look I have been o.k. Maybe just the low carb products I need to cut out. I need to get to the gym more often too.

Thanks for all the advise.

Bree

moe0204
Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:15
Are you listing total carbs on that site? I thought those totals were eccs. I always customize any food I put in fit day so that I reflects ECCS only. Sorry, I need to go look again I guess?

moe0204
Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:43
I went back and looked at some of your entries and my atkins blueberry muffins say 7 carbs per serving before you subtract 4 grams for fiber. How did you get 24 grams for 2 servings?

As I looked over your choices the only thing I CAN see that could be a problem is the LC stuff . I'm not aying that it IS the problem but you seem to be making some pretty good choices. Doesn't dr. atkins say not to eat his LC stuff during induction? Aren't you past that anyway?

Have you tried omitting them for a while and seeing if that makes a difference?