PDA

View Full Version : I need to do this!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Monica73
Sat, Mar-15-03, 13:32
At almost 30 years of age, and 254 lbs start weight, I need to LOSE!!!! I was always content as a size 12. For my height I looked good. Now I am a 20/22 which is a devastating thing to go through. I started March 11, 2003 and have lost 5lbs. I have much more to go. But it is a GREAT feeling to see just how well it works.
:thdown: I went through a crisis just 2 days after I started. I am a Pepsi addict, and need to have some ( so I thought ). Bought the 20 oz. Took a big swig, and wanted to spit it out. OMG the sugar was horrible....too sweet. How did I drink a 2 lt a day of this junk I asked myself. But, I guess I needed to do it to part my way with my long love affair with pepsi. I drink water, and diet tea. I still need a little pick me up. But, in moderation. I have lost 5 lbs thus far, and i am sure it is ok to indulge in it once or twice a day. At least I am hoping. :q:
Anyways....I am happy to be here, and look forward to updating you with all of my success in the near future. I have a goal, and I am determined!!!! :roll:

:wave:

chysmith
Sat, Mar-15-03, 13:42
Congratulations on your success so far! I too have had an occasional lapse into the past by eating a tiny bite of a Girl Scout cookie. Definitely tasted too sweet. There are many people who drink Diet Rite. My husband likes to have italian sodas using the DaVinci syrups (it's the same company that makes syrups for the Atkin's brand, but much cheeper). A couple of pointers would be to start using fitday (http://www.fitday.com) to track your food. It's a free online service and works really well. It's easy in the beginning to go over because of all those hidden carbs. Another thing people do is journal writing. That way, if they ever have a problem, it's easy for others to help them out. Again, welcome, and I'll see you around!

:wave: