PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Missouri Friends

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HotBubbles
Sat, Mar-15-03, 12:40
Help looking for friends in my area........

Hello my name is Heather I live in the St. Louis, MO area. I am new to the site and I am looking for some buddies in my area. To chat with and help each other out. in our low carb life style. I am happy to be buddy with anyone but, will be glad to talk with some one close by. I have been on Atkins since Jan. 31. 03. I have lost 19.5 pounds since. So, if you are interested in chatting just let me know.

GramnGramp
Sat, Mar-15-03, 14:42
Welcome :wave:

We lived in St Louis in the 60's. Now living in Southeast Mo.

It sounds like you are doing well on Atkins. There are some really nice and helpful people here to keep you encouraged. I've also found some good tips here answers to lots of good questions.

Keep up the good work. :)

elisamarie
Sat, Mar-15-03, 15:13
I live in St. Charles right now, but moving to Ferguson in April. I'd be happy to talk to you. I've been on Atkins since November 27, yep, the day before Thanksgiving. I've lost (as of February 27, I only weigh one time a month) 20.5 lbs and am very happy with that.

Have you been to Nature's Way Health Food Store and gotten any of the Atkin's products? They have saved me many days.

You can e-mail me at ea-taschwer~charter.net and I'd be happy to have a close by Atkin's friend.

freydis
Sat, Mar-15-03, 17:41
I'm in St. Peters! freydis at yahoo dot com is one way to reach me. Also, you might look into meeting through meetup.com - a free service for like-minded groups. They organize monthly meetings and all we have to do is sign up and show up.

SweetSheri
Mon, Apr-28-03, 09:23
Hey Heather I live in the kansas city area, Lee's summit to be exact. I am also interested in having a buddy in my area! :D I know this post is from awhile back but if you are on I would love to chat! Thanks and good luck!!! :D :p :thup: :wave:

VickyRenee
Mon, Apr-28-03, 09:51
Sheri,
I am in McPherson KS but originally from KC area. I lived in Overland Park for 10 years and grew up in Leavenworth. I come to KC all the time....thats where I get all my good low carb stuff!!!!
Vicky

SweetSheri
Mon, Apr-28-03, 09:58
Hi Vicky, I havent live in Missouri very long. Im orginally a Florida girl. My Dad got transfered here 2 yrs ago, I just moved here in Feb.I'm actually moving back to Fl in the summer. I start nursing school in august. It is really nice here though but I do miss my florida LoL! :D :wave:

Kansas5
Sun, May-04-03, 13:25
Hello all,
I'm from near Kansas City, and would like to have an Atkins buddy/ local group. just send me a message....

Kansas5

jennifer28
Sun, May-04-03, 13:32
anyone close to branson?

VickyRenee
Sun, May-04-03, 21:03
Kansas5,
Where ya at near KC?
Vicky

Kansas5
Mon, May-05-03, 06:58
Vicky,
I'm North of KC on the Kansas side, in Atchison, KS, just 22 miles North of Leavenworth, your old hometown..... I see that you go in to KC for your low carb "supplies"... Where do you go??? I have to travel a hour and 20 minutes to 95th street to goto a health food store down there.....

Kansas5

VickyRenee
Mon, May-05-03, 07:20
Cool!! I've been to Atchison many times. Used to go to a bar called The Warf (or something like that) back in the mid 80's.
Is it Emerald Forest on 95th? That place is awesome for low carb stuff. I just went there on Saturday myself.....I never spend under $50 LOL. This time I got 2 of those Robbins Nest bakeries cake rolls!! I just cant find them where I live.
Vicky

Kansas5
Mon, May-05-03, 07:47
Yes , the Warf.... its been gone for a long time now..... Emerald Forest is the only place in town I can find a good selectioo of Low carb.... They really have expanded it also... everytime I go down they seem to have more and more stuff..... Good!!! Those Cake Rolls are very good!!! I have two in the freezer right now.....

Mandyjane2
Mon, May-05-03, 13:30
I lived about an hour south of St. Louis until about a year ago and we moved to Florida, but I'll be your buddy if you'd like anyway :)

VickyRenee
Mon, May-05-03, 16:05
Kansas5,
We'll chat thru pm's as soon as you get 3 more posts!!!! :p
Vicky

uzzzulose
Sat, May-24-03, 21:52
I've lived in the St. Charles area all my life. Just moved to the Wentzville area.

I'd like to have a buddy to help keep up the moral support. I've been doing atkins since 5/1/03. And I'm real happy with it. I'm eating better than I did before Atkins. I just tried my first LC chocolate tonight. What diet? I have everything I want to eat! :p

Birdy...
Fri, Jul-04-03, 10:50
I live in Springfield, Mo...

I find it hard to find anyone here that does anything I do. :cry: Atkins or Dogs.

Birdy...

MOLCn4ME
Thu, Sep-04-03, 10:58
Hey Heather ! I am in Missouri but in Salem. About 2.5 hours from St. Louis. I would love to talk.
Megan

sassy57
Fri, Nov-07-03, 06:14
I live in St. Louis. Actually Florissant. I was also looking for others in St. Louis. I was also looking for anyone in their 50's in St. Louis too.

Teak
Sun, Dec-21-03, 18:25
I'm in Branson now but lived in St Louis for 6 years before we moved down here.

sassy57
Sun, Dec-21-03, 20:28
I've lived in the St. Charles area all my life. Just moved to the Wentzville area.

I'd like to have a buddy to help keep up the moral support. I've been doing atkins since 5/1/03. And I'm real happy with it. I'm eating better than I did before Atkins. I just tried my first LC chocolate tonight. What diet? I have everything I want to eat! :p
Uzz, I lived in St. Charles. Actually,I'm seperated and my husband still lives there.
I've been doing Atkins just a few weeks

KIDBXRS
Mon, Dec-22-03, 15:14
Hi
I live in the bootheel of Mo and I would love to have some buddys. I have been on the WOL just since oct the 24 and I have lost 26 pounds. I love Atkins and would love to chat.

Vicki what are the pm's?

sassy57
Mon, Dec-22-03, 18:15
Hi
I live in the bootheel of Mo and I would love to have some buddys. I have been on the WOL just since oct the 24 and I have lost 26 pounds. I love Atkins and would love to chat.

Vicki what are the pm's?
Hi Kid,
I started the end of Oct and only lost 15 so far. You are doing great

JaydensMom
Tue, Feb-10-04, 20:29
Well, I know that this thread is a little old, but just wanted to say that I am from SW Mo right outside of Springfield.
Nice to see all of the Missourian's though. :yay:

sassy57
Wed, Feb-11-04, 06:03
hello Jaydens Mom,
I'm in the St. Louis area and so far no one is around my area :cry:

JaydensMom
Wed, Feb-11-04, 09:10
Hey there Sassy57! I love St. Louis. We try to get up there at least once a year. I would think that you would have more luck with people being closer to your area than mine! Lol. I guess there aren't alot of Missourian's on the Low Carb band wagon yet, huh? Maybe we are trend setters for this part of the country. Lol. :)

Well, good luck to you and I hope more of us Missouri-ites respond to this thread!

Have a great day!! :wiggle:

sassy57
Thu, Feb-12-04, 06:03
I would think there are some from the St. Louis area, just maybe they don't come here :)
Now I know I can't be the only one from St. Louis. :lol:

bluesfan88
Fri, Mar-05-04, 17:59
hey all , i live in st.louis . i was born hear and am being rasied here. if any of you wanna be my buddy that would be okie dokie with me . the best place to reach me is truebluesfan88 at yahoo dot com . talk to ya'll later.

sassy57
Sat, Mar-06-04, 05:53
Hello Bluesfan,
I see you are a teen? that's great that you are taking care of yourself and watching what you eat. Most teens don't. I know my daughter ,when she was a teen sure didn't, but she does now :)
Nice to see someone else from St. Louis here

niudog
Wed, May-12-04, 10:28
WOW - I've found all sorts of MO and St. Louis threads today.

HAve a great LC day!!!

sassy57
Thu, May-13-04, 05:45
Hi Scott. I saw you at St. Louis St. Charles board. :)
I wish I could find more people from the St. Louis area. Especially around my age 58.
I'm just such a picky eater and then on the go with work and all,I don't think of eating until it is lunch time ;) Even then I don't know what I'm wanting.
Are there more boards from St. Louis?

gonnabefit
Thu, May-13-04, 18:34
Hey all!! I live in Illinois, right across the Mississippi River from most of you... I am having a low carb gathering in Alton, Illinois on July 31st... if you would be interested let me know here or in email....

goheen~gtec.com

lucky1
Tue, May-18-04, 19:27
Anyone here from Columbia, MO? There are of course lots of low carbers in the area but no low carb support group that I know of.

Any takers?

sassy57
Wed, May-19-04, 05:01
Hi Laura,I saw someone from around that area but forgot who it was :(
I keep looking for someone from St. Louis county,but none so far.

lose55pds
Sun, May-23-04, 14:43
Just saying hello to everyone back in MO. I live in Seattle, WA nowadays but used to live in (no kidding):

- Lake of the Ozarks
- Springfield
- Jefferson City
- Columbia
- Kirksville
- St. Louis (Clayton)

Hope the weather is good. I'm looking forward to another summer of about 80 degrees. :-)

sassy57
Sun, May-23-04, 15:09
Lose, Clayton is not too far from where I live. In fact the main office of my job is at Clayton. Looks like you like to move around, huh? ;)

gonnabefit
Thu, Jun-03-04, 17:45
Hey all.. just wanted to update you all on the low carb gathering I am having... It will be in Alton, Illinois on July 31st... it will be potluck style and bring your own table service and drinks... if you have any games, activities that we could do bring them along too!! We would like to have a recipe exchange if there is one, two, or 50 that you would like to share :D

Email me at goheen~gtec.com if you are interested!

Julie

tigger70
Wed, Aug-04-04, 12:02
I have been mostly a lurker on this web site for quite awhile and finally decided to chime in when I found this thread. I started Atkins at the beginning of the year lost 14 lbs. Then June came, 2 weddings, several family gatherings, class reunion and a move. Needless to say I went off the plan and gained back 8 lbs. :( So now I am back. My husband and I just moved to Strafford, MO just outside of Springfield. We had been living in Nixa. It is nice to know that there are several people in the area for support. I am 33 and getting ready to turn 34. I would like to lose a total of 20 lbs, especially before we start trying for the family. Thanks for letting me post. Have a GREAT day!:sunny:

Beth Williams

gonnabefit
Wed, Aug-04-04, 12:33
Beth welcome to the thread-- I am mostly a lurker myself on this board.... I have a great friend who lives in Springfield, MO who is just rocking with the Atkins WOE... she has lost 90 lbs and is a great motivator!!! If interested here is my webpage for you to look at and feel free to email me anytime!!

Juls :D

gonnabefit
Wed, Aug-04-04, 12:35
Guess it would help if I gave you my webpage addy...sorry about that!!

http://www.webspawner.com/users/lowcarberinil/index.html

Juls

Abby135
Sun, Oct-03-04, 20:30
Hello all..
I'm from Missouri myself... I live in Camdenton area near Lake Ozark,MO..
Glad to see several people from MO and doing LC..

Hope to keep this thread going and get to know you all for all the support :wave:

tnewcom
Thu, Oct-07-04, 10:46
Anyone here from Columbia, MO? There are of course lots of low carbers in the area but no low carb support group that I know of.

Any takers?

Hi! Just wanted to tell you that i live in Fulton Mo!!!

Sabinemaus
Mon, Jan-23-06, 12:07
anyone close to branson?

http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/c012.gif

I have visited Branson in 1983 (Oh my gosh, getting old, so many years ago...)

Please tell greetings to Brenson from Germany

But a biig part of my Family lives in the NorthWest of MO. Anyone from Marryville here? Or from Grant City /Worth County?

Sabinemaus

egnue
Tue, Jan-24-06, 14:06
I am from St. Louis and would love to buddy up. Stop by my journal anytime!!

Gen

Josiemk
Wed, Jan-25-06, 11:41
Hi Gen,

I was born in St. Louis Mo. back in 1969. We moved out when I was a baby but I still have family there.

Josie

ReginaW
Thu, Mar-09-06, 21:02

Any takers?

DH and I are moving to Columbia in April...I'd be interested in starting a group there if you know others doing low/controlled-carb!