PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Candy, Pure Delight Dark & White Chocolate Bars

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

johncwolf
Sat, Mar-15-03, 07:27
I bought several of these bars and I am hooked. I recently bought a couple of boxes from Vita??? and they were about 40% less than the local grocery or drug store price. The packaging says 1 gm carb, but they taste too good. Am I missing something here? They taste like 60 gm carbs. Also, some packaging on products say "Net Carbs", how do "Net Carbs" or the real carbs affect me on Atkins. I get this feeling that I'm eating something that really has 100 gms of carbs and don't know it.

IslandGirl
Mon, Mar-17-03, 02:15
See my response to your similar post re the Pure DeLite Espresso Truffles... and check your copy of the Atkins book (or his website at http://www.atkinscenter.org) for the rationale behind "deducting" sugar alcohols or maltitol carbohydrate grams... it's all explained there, whether or not one agrees with it.

You will also benefit from reading here in this forum the many posts about sugar alcohols, "hidden" carbs, "lowcarb" candy, etc.

Enjoy your new learning curve :devil: and your new way of life!

PS: consider browsing our Newby's Questions, LowCarbing General and Introductions forums as well! and welcome!

johncwolf
Mon, Mar-17-03, 20:15
I don't overdo it, maybe my system doesn't allow me to do Vodka and Chocolate alcohol at the same time. Thanks for your input.