PDA

View Full Version : I am a NEWBIE!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TraceyLynn
Fri, Mar-14-03, 18:51
Hi...all

I have been on Atkins now for almost a month and feel so much better I have a long ways to go...over 200lbs worth. I know I can do it this way I have been fat all my life and This is the only thing that I have found to not starve on and that it works. Thank you for letting me join your group...and I hope to get to know you all!!! :wave:

RBalhan
Fri, Mar-14-03, 20:28
Hi TraceyLynn: :wave:

WELCOME to this FORUM....and to low carbing. This is a great WOE (way of eating) and a terrific forum here where you can get lots of help and ideas on low carbing. I've been on many many diets over my lifetime (65 years) and I have to tell you the support here is better than any other diet emporium I have joined. Best advice is get involved on the board, visit peoples journal, start your own journal (very important), you will see a lot of mention about Fitday.com (to record your food and help you figure calories, fat, carbs, protein). Mostly enjoy the ride because the plan is easy enough...just don't expect to lose it overnight...it is a very slow process but well worth it. We all like to think of it as a FAT LOSS program, not a WEIGHT LOSS program.

Good luck to you and again, welcome.

Rose :rose:

dcbrowne
Fri, Mar-14-03, 20:38
Hi Tracylynn and welcome-Maybe you should check out our triple digit forum, where all members have or had 100+ pounds to lose. It's very supportive and addresses our special needs.

TraceyLynn
Sat, Mar-15-03, 01:55
Thank you very much Ladies...I will look around for the triple digit place...there are alot of places to visit here hopefully soon I will know my way around...Hope to get to know you better!!!

FionaC
Sat, Mar-15-03, 03:26
Hi TraceyLynn welcome aboard :D

Definately head to the Triple Digits place - everyone is so great over there and absolutely start your own journal and read others :D they are inspirational and they make this journey so much easier..

Anyway congrats on the weightloss to date

:D Fiona :D

:wave: from "down under" :D

TraceyLynn
Sat, Mar-15-03, 14:42
Thank you for the uplifting words I am heading to find the 3 digit place now I will post when I get there to let you all know that I found it!!!

Talon
Sat, Mar-15-03, 21:28
TraceyLynn - I'd like to add my welcome, but from another TraceyLynn... me. :) And beleive me my dear - if I can do it, so can you! 65 pounds gone so far, and another 35 or more to go. Take a look at my "before" and "during" pictures - "after pictures are sure to come... more slowley than I like, but they will be there!

Click on the little wwww at the bottom of my post.

TraceyLynn
Sun, Mar-16-03, 15:28
Thank you Talon...I went and looked at your Pics WOW WOW and DOUBLE WOW...you lookw onderful and so much younger...feel very proud of yourself and I will be glas when I can llok that good!!!