PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have High Blood Pressure and doing "Atkins"?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

acelkel
Thu, Mar-13-03, 22:52
Is anyone else taking a beta blocker for high blood pressure while practicing the Atkins diet? I know he says in his book that a beta blocker is one of the medications that will inhibit weight loss, but it is also a condition that is most successful to eliminate with the eating plan.

Anyone else start on drugs and go off of them after a while on Atkins? I need some encouragement since 3 weeks of induction have failed to show me any weight loss, even though I do feel better. PLUS, I have a husband who IS losing even though he cheats a little from time to time.... (not a lot, though).

Aggh! I don't want to quit. I don't get food cravings anymore and I love that!
:confused:

MissEgirl
Fri, Mar-14-03, 05:51
HI,

I am new here also. I kinda ask the same question, I take norvac everyday. I have lost about 25 pounds its just taken a little longer. Sometimes I wouldn't see any loss at all and then I would. Makes you a little mad! I also haven't seen any change in my pressure.

freydis
Fri, Mar-14-03, 16:50
I started on March 12, 2002, with 12 meds. They included several that inhibit weight loss, including a beta blocker and calcium channel blocker. Weight loss has been fairly slow and I have had many short stalls, but I am still progressing downward. As of two weeks ago, I'm down to 2 meds - the calcium channel blocker and glucophage.