PDA

View Full Version : Hi, all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Teaselus
Thu, Mar-13-03, 16:25
Just thought I'd drop by this thread and introduce myself, since I'm planning on doing a lot of whining and complaining around here (nah, not really, but scared ya, didn't I?). :daze:

Reason for starting a diet: mostly the HIDEOUS clothes they make for us big gals. I honestly believe it's a world conspiracy to make us look twice as big as we really are.

Otherwise, I consider myself more or less blessed: since I'm proportionate, I look way smaller than I really am (and I'm not telling - well, except for you guys); I'm not a carb person AT ALL (keep your pasta and bread, gimme that steak!!!), so my first week withdrawals were minimal: I think I experienced them mostly because I always want what I can't have - even if I don't REALLY want it.

Setback (even started a thread on it) - got the flu a week into Induction, and had to take sugar-containing medicines. Hence, the result at this point (2 weeks and 3 days) is zero weight loss. On the plus side, considering how I was stuffing my face these two weeks, my not gaining is already a blessing in itself. :rolleyes:

What I miss the most - GOTTA HAVE MY BEER!!! Unfortunately (for me), that's a bygone. Ah, well, white wine spritzers will have to suffice. And even they - eventually. Grin and bear, grin and bear...

Oh, one more blessing I forgot - I have virtually no sugar cravings at all (and I don't use artificial sweetners, either). Drink my coffee black, and love it that way (that's probably why I'm so hyper).

But I do miss my ice cream... <sigh>

I'll start my journal today or tomorrow, but I'll probably not be very good at keeping it. Ah, well, it's worth a try, anyway!

It's a pleasure to meet you all, and, from what I've seen - KUDOS to you guys for being so supportive of each other.

Kristine
Thu, Mar-13-03, 17:17
Hiya and welcome! :wave:

It's helpful that you're not a 'sweets' person - that makes this WOE (way of eating) a little easier to get used to.

When you miss your beer, remind yourself that it's temporary. :thup: You can have it again, in moderation, once you're closer to maintenance. I sure do. In fact, I brew my own. ;)

Best of luck and enjoy!

Opal
Thu, Mar-13-03, 17:23
Hi,

I am also new to these forums and I love em already :)

lol I know what you mean when you say .. you dont really want something but because you cant have it makes you want it hehe

also a great low carb beer I drink every once in a while called michelob ultra not bad tasting either :)

Well I sure wish you luck on your LC WOE. I know it has done wonders for me already ! :roll:

Teaselus
Thu, Mar-13-03, 17:28
Then not all hope is lost!!!

I will have my beer!!!! Thank goodness!!! (BTW, I heard they came out with a low-carb version, I believe it's Michelob, but not sure on that one... Will have to give it a try when I'm more or less over the highly restrictive phase... Anyone have any comments?)

I kinda glanced through Atkins' book (the section for us party people) and figured out that of all the beverages listed, the white wine spritzers are probably my best bet - not much into the vodkas and the rums and whiskeys, myself.

But thanks, Kristine, you made my day a bit brighter. It's ridiculous how much I miss the ales. I actually got pretty upset - never was much of a drinker (a social one, at best), but once I realized I can have NONE for a relatively long time (got a lot to lose, so will have to really watch those), it near killed me.

I'm telling you guys - I swear, if I falter, beer will be the cause of it. The rest I can pretty much do without. ;)

Teaselus
Thu, Mar-13-03, 17:29
Opal, this is hillarious - I was just typing about Michelob when you've answered my post. Funny.

Not only are the people here extremely friendly and supportive, but they also have ESP. Must be a low-carb thing, he he he. ;)

Opal
Thu, Mar-13-03, 17:44
hehe yeh was just reading post above it and was like wth ? hahah ... yep good beer have some in my fridge now lol ..I dont drink often but once in a while its nice to have an ice cold bottle of beer :P

if this is your first time on Atkins im telling you your gonna love it ! I fall off once in a while and I just get right back on and I still lose weight and nothing else has worked for me ever ! I'm not into starvation hehe.

Teaselus
Thu, Mar-13-03, 17:55
Oh, I'm loving it. Not much into starvation myself, and REALLY not good with dicipline. This one is really not that hard to follow - for me, anyway - so I'll just have to wait and see what happens when I finally get to REALLY finish up induction (still have the sniffles and a cough).

I'm terrified, though, that I will have to go on the Fat Fast - I have an awful metabolism, and I'm knocking on wood that the problem actually was the medicine, not the metabolism. But, hey, the Fat Fast is only 4 days - so long as I can get someone to scream at, I should manage. :devil:

And the people here are great, I have to say! Such a blessing I found you guys! (no, no, no, I won't be screaming at you if I need to Fat Fast, I'll find someone else for that, he he he).