PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wrath
Thu, Mar-13-03, 16:19
I am on my fist week of Atkins induction. I come here seeking support and advice that I might need (and a place to complain about my lifestyle changes as well if you don't mind).

I am enjoying the diet for the most part. The things that I am NOT enjoying are:

1. No alcohol :..........( I'm dying.
2. I feel like killing people
3. I have to take a nap everyday after work!

But I like all the fat, and meat, and cheese, and eggs, yes definitely the eggs. And I'm enjoying eating at the salad bar (of course avoiding all those beans and what not).

Where I need improvement:

1. I have already broken down and gotten some of that atkins chocolate snacks, although I don't think I'm supposed to have any of that!
2. peanut butter, guess i shouldnt have that after dinner spoonful since im on induction.
3. Aspartamine. I really like diet soda.....must do something about that. And I like to have diet jello for desert. Can't do that either supposedly.

I have about 15-20 pesky pounds to loose. I am a pretty big girl (as in big boned, laugh if you must), but I think the initial 10 pounds will really make me look excellent all in themselves.

Look forward to meeting all of you! Ciao!

Teaselus
Thu, Mar-13-03, 16:33
Hi, fellow Newbie!

We have a few of the same problems (alchohol, he he he).

But I can help you out with one of them. Ditch the Diet Cokes and Diet Pepsi's and switch to Diet Right soda. It's really not that bad, and no aspartame or caffiene!

It comes is several gawdawful flavors (raspberry, cherry, blah blah blah), but they also have a cola. I was a Diet Pepsi addict, myself, and I really didn't feel much of a difference. Sure, there's a bit of a difference, but not so much as to completely freak me out.

Hope that helps.

Iowagirl
Fri, Mar-14-03, 09:02
For some, the aspartame is not a big issue, for others it is. You'll have to figure this out for yourself. If it doesn't affect you, the sf jello is fine.

Your energy level should increase at some point - eliminating the need for all those naps.

Did you feel like killing people before you started Atkins? :D

AllysonneV
Fri, Mar-14-03, 09:51
Hi! I am new also - can identify with you on the aspartame - but I have given it up and switched to splenda products. diet rite is the only soda i know of so far to make the switch.

I had energy in the beginning and now I don't. Tired for the last 2 days--think I need mineral supplements added to my daily vitamin.

Do you take a daily vitamin? or mineral supplements?

allysonnev

pegva
Fri, Mar-14-03, 10:00
I always feel like killing people at work... I'm the only female there.

The energy will come... no, really!

I like Diet Rite Cola too. As for the other flavors, I like the white grape and Tangerine, but nothing is a substitute for colas. I like to add heavy cream to the tangerine... it tastes like a cremesicle.