PDA

View Full Version : Unique situation?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bobbya60
Thu, Mar-13-03, 15:20
Hello. I am on day 2 of the Atkins diet. My wife bought the book for me. But I had done a little research on it before and thought it could be the change I needed. I work on a offshore drilling unit. I am now off the coast of Brazil. I started reading the book and started the diet after I arrived for my 28 day tour. So I don't have access to any supplements or vitamins. How hard will it be for me to do the induction for 4- 5 weeks without supplements? I am determined to stick with Atkins and get weight under control again. Also the food selection is pretty slim. But I do have lots of meats, fish, poultry, and cheese. And lots of water. Should I do anything differant until I can get some supplements to help.

kmwebb1967
Thu, Mar-13-03, 15:24
make sure you eat all the veggies you can...you will be fine until you get back on dry land. ;)

pittypat
Thu, Mar-13-03, 15:44
Be careful not to go too low on your carbs. Sounds like you have a pretty physical job. I've found I need to eat more carbs the days I work out, or I get too tired and crabby. Berries are generally pretty low in carbs, and high in "good stuff". Of course, if you're a desk jockey on the rig, never mind! :D

bobbya60
Thu, Mar-13-03, 16:28
Thanks guys. I will eat more veggies. I havn't been eating much because I didn't want to go over the carbs for the induction. I do get around alot and sometimes the job is physical. But most days I don't get enough excersise. We do have some pretty good gym equipment. I just need to start taking advantage of it. Thanks again. Day 2 is a sucess!!