PDA

View Full Version : Finally started to lose but have question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gudjul
Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:39
I have a question I hope someone can answer. Yesterday was the first day I lost any weight since starting Atkins 6 weeks ago. Yesterday I barely took in 500 calories because I didn't have time to eat. (i'm a nurse) My normal calorie count is about 1600, with under 20 carbs. Does this mean I'm resistant to the Akins diet, and maybe need to count calories too?

Thanks for any help,

P.S. lost three lbs!!!

Iowagirl
Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:54
Have you taken any measurements? You could be losing inches but not necessarily pounds.
I'd give yourself some more time before counting calories too (what a drag!).
Do you exercise?

reese
Thu, Mar-13-03, 15:00
I've been at this almost a month and until today had only lost 2lbs. I started the fat fast yesterday and this morning I discovered I'd lost another pound (3 total). So maybe that would work as a jumpstart for you too.

kmwebb1967
Thu, Mar-13-03, 15:27
You really do not have that much to lose...just give it time.

gudjul
Fri, Mar-14-03, 13:34
Thanks for reminding me. I lost 1 inch off my waist YIPEE!! I enjoy and feel so much healthier on this diet that I plan to stick with it weather i lose weight or not. I started using fitday but don't know how to let people see it. I'm computer challenged!!!! I love this site and reading post have been very helpful. Thanks to all

bellaluna
Fri, Mar-14-03, 14:03
You body just may be at the weight it wants to be at. There is a point at which the body will stop losing. I'm 5'6 and look sickly at 130. I also cannot go below 130. You could be at your point. :spin:

bellaluna
Fri, Mar-14-03, 14:05
Didn't look at your height. Your just entsy-weensty! :p :p :p

gudjul
Sat, Mar-15-03, 18:52
Thanks for your reply. Einsee weensee?, I think the politically correct term is MUNCHKIN (tee hee) I was a fairly constant weight up until 2 yrs ago (107) 13lbs may not seem like much, but put it on a 4' 81/2'' frame and it doesn't have much space to spread out. I want to stop the upward spiral. Wish me luck