PDA

View Full Version : Fitday/Treadmill question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alicat
Wed, Mar-12-03, 14:16
I'm sorry to post yet another Fitday question but I've searched through the "how to" sticky and can't find an answer.

I see that Wanda (Wcollier) asked this question in that thread and nobody answered her so I'll ask it again.

When I input my walking time and milage from the treadmill, Fitday says I've only burned half the calories that the treadmill does. Does anyone know which one's more correct? I have to agree with Wanda that I don't completely trust Fitdays computations on things.

Also, does anyone know if your able to input a custom excercise? It doesn't offer a treadmill option (which I can't believe :rolleyes:) and the closest thing is walking on a level firm surface at 2 miles per hour. I usually walk 2.2 or 2.3 mph. How frustrating! Thanks to anyone who can answer these two questions :).

Ali

lkonzelman
Wed, Mar-12-03, 14:23
Looks to me like they are set.

Don't worry about that. Fitday is great for carb checking and that piece of the puzzle. It just doesn't do everything well...

Such is life.

alicat
Sat, Mar-15-03, 20:20
That's what I figured. I'll just keep a written record of my excercise and refer to that! Fitday confuses me to no end. I tried to enter Splenda and it showed my counts for a packet to be for a cup! I tried again w/ the exact same info. and it turned out fine. Go figure?!

Ali

mamasita
Sun, Mar-16-03, 14:07
The Best thing to do if your working out seriously is to buy a heart rate monitor... I bought one a year ago and it was the best investment I ever made, not only that I'm super fit today... I realized my dream of ...runing!!!! ( When I was really big I used to watch people jog and envie them)...
Anyway, with a hrm you can program it to your age,weight, and etc, and have a perfect reading of how much you burned every
time..
go to www.polar.com and check it out, I think it's worth it!
ciao,
:wave: mamasita