PDA

View Full Version : I need help..

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WVTammy
Wed, Mar-12-03, 13:03
I had a hysterectomy in Jan. and now on hormone pills. When I started the Atkins diet in Jan. I was at 150, now that I am at 137 and at a stand still. Has anyone else had this problem and give me some advice

lkonzelman
Wed, Mar-12-03, 13:19
Hi... How long a stand still?

A true stall is 4 weeks with no weightloss or inches lost and no cheats.

But the body has natural stalls were it has to catch up to weightloss (that is usually when we lose inches instead of lbs).

There may of course be food issues (not enough, not enough fat, too much, alcohol, nuts, lc candy or bars w/ malitol) but without a journal to check there is no way to know.

And realistic expectations for loss are 10% of the amount you wish to lose during induction and approx 5% of your remaining weight to lose each month after....

Since you don't have much to lose it would naturally slow down.

RBalhan
Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:31
Hi Tammy:

I also started in January and have lost 16 pounds and have not lost anything in 3 weeks. I also take hormone replacement pills. Dr. Atkins does say those hormone pills can stall you but I don't know if that is the case. I think it is like Lisa said you body has to catch up to you.

Good luck.

Rose :rose: