PDA

View Full Version : [Zone] Weight Loss TOO QUICK??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MsJinx
Wed, Mar-12-03, 12:17
I know this may sound like a ridiculous question but I'm wondering if it is good (I'll qualify "good" in just a second) for me to have lost 3 lbs in my 1st 2 days of zoning? By "good" I mean, should I be worried about losing lean muscle - heaven knows I can't afford for that to happen!

I went from about 124 monday morning to 121 this morning. Tomorrow is my TOM (bc pills) so I'm usually heavier at this point. I always drink lots of water, before this week, I mean.

I am exercising daily and ingesting about 1300 - 1400 calories per day, if you include my 114 calories per day of essential fatty acids. My meals are all zone balanced and then I add the tablespoon of oil just randomly.

I also drank my carbs in red wine last night and the night before. I know this is not the best idea but it's SXSW festival time her in Austin and NOT partying is NOT an option, so I'm having a lowfat protein dinner and then a couple of small glasses of wine. I also increased my water yesterday to over 12 glasses to make sure I wasn't going to get dehydrated from the wine....

Any thoughts? Thanks ahead of time. I LOVE THIS PLACE!
:thup:

MsJinx
Wed, Mar-12-03, 12:22
Oops, I didn't mean I drank ALL my carbs!!GEEZ - gotta be more careful. I meant my evening carbs... I call it the dinner of the stars - shrimp and alcohol - can't you see Britney on that meal plan???

ZoneCoach
Wed, Mar-12-03, 22:20
Originally posted by MsJinx
I know this may sound like a ridiculous question but I'm wondering if it is good (I'll qualify "good" in just a second) for me to have lost 3 lbs in my 1st 2 days of zoning? By "good" I mean, should I be worried about losing lean muscle - heaven knows I can't afford for that to happen!
Not to worry. At that rate, it's water weight. LBM could not happen that fast.
I went from about 124 monday morning to 121 this morning. Tomorrow is my TOM (bc pills) so I'm usually heavier at this point.
(measurements) and the way your clothes fit is a better guide than the scale.
I am exercising daily and ingesting about 1300 - 1400 calories per day, if you include my 114 calories per day of essential fatty acids. My meals are all zone balanced and then I add the tablespoon of oil just randomly.
Have you used the body fat calculator to make sure your block count is accurate? You do not need to count EFA's

I also drank my carbs in red wine last night and the night before. I know this is not the best idea but it's SXSW festival time her in Austin and NOT partying is NOT an option, so I'm having a lowfat protein dinner and then a couple of small glasses of wine. I also increased my water yesterday to over 12 glasses to make sure I wasn't going to get dehydrated from the wine....
Any thoughts? Thanks ahead of time. I LOVE THIS PLACE!
:thup:
It's okay to do that ocassionally. The Zone does not need to be followed 100%, 100% of the time to be successful.

MsJinx
Thu, Mar-13-03, 10:18
I did go to the Zoneperfect site to calculate my blocks. According to that I should (I hate that word!) be having 11 blocks per day.

Although I'm not terribly overweight I carry everything in my abdomen - hence 11 blocks. I just can't do 1200 calories right now. I feel like what I'm doing right now (1300-1400) is easing me into this plan. I refuse to feel deprived! After this weekend, I may see what I can do and if I need to reduce intake.

Also, another SUPER dumb question: how do I know where to measure my hips? I don't have the classic pear shape so I can't really tell.

Thanks for all of your assistance - I need it!
-Jinx :daze:

ZoneCoach
Fri, Mar-14-03, 22:57
Originally posted by MsJinx
how do I know where to measure my hips? I don't have the classic pear shape so I can't really tell.

Depending on who you ask, you're likely to get two different answers.
1. Across the widest part ~ regardless of where that is
2. Across the hip bones

Try both in the block calculator and see if there's a difference.

adnil53
Sun, Mar-16-03, 01:26
Depending on who you ask, you're likely to get two different answers.
1. Across the widest part ~ regardless of where that is
2. Across the hip bones That is interesting... I thought they wanted my hips... not my buttocks... I thought your hips were the part on your upper legs, just under your butt... Oops! Maybe I have been measuring wrong! If I measured my hipbones, that would be right across my lower abs... now I am confused! Help! Hummmm, maybe one of us should ask Dr. Sears? Hey Zone Coach... LOL