PDA

View Full Version : Start Walking Program

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

zoochef
Wed, Mar-12-03, 12:14
After being on the induction phase for 6 days and am feeling very good, will start walking program 3/13/03.

Any suggestions or advice from anyone will be appreciated.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

lkonzelman
Wed, Mar-12-03, 12:15
Measure yourself now - often when the scale stops for a while the inches are still coming off.

Other advice would be ALL EXERCISE GOOD!

zoochef
Fri, Mar-14-03, 05:46
Thanks for the encouragement Lisa.

3/13/03 Didn't get to walk today. Used airdyne stationary bike for 15 minutes at home. Did 1 set of 20 crunches. It has been awhile since I have exercised so plan to take it one step at a time. :thup:

Goal to walk 30 minutes a day and use airdyne bike 30 minutes a minimum of five times a week.

zoochef
Sun, Mar-16-03, 06:32
:yay: Walked for 1 hour over a nature trail carry ing 15 pounds of weight. Trail had several inclines and had to cross fall logs and cross creeks. Most enjoyable and invigorating. Did better than I thought I would. :thup: :thup: :thup: Energy level improving daily.

zoochef
Mon, Mar-17-03, 11:50
:rolleyes: Didn't exercise yesterday. Had to work and when I got home, just didn't feel like exercising. Guess when you feel that way, it's time to exercise.

zoochef
Thu, Mar-20-03, 11:11
:doah: Haven't followed up on walking or exercise. No excuses. Have to get with the program.

zoochef
Sun, Mar-23-03, 08:59
:cool: Walked 30 minutes yesterday. It was nice to get out in the nice weather and see the animals as I walked. The chimps and gorillas seem to like the weather as much as I am. Will do again today.

zoochef
Tue, Mar-25-03, 11:46
:thup: Walked 30 minutes today. Felt good. Was able to maintain a brisk pace and cover more ground than the first day. Legs not sore and no muscle soreness. Felt great. :D :thup: :thup: :thup:

zoochef
Mon, Mar-31-03, 08:49
Been away from my computer since last Wed. Have been meeting my goal of walking 30 minutes a day. Feeling better and less tired. :thup: :thup:

zoochef
Sun, Apr-06-03, 05:26
:thup: :thup: :thup: Computer been down. Have maintained walking regime. Started walking further and longer without realizing it. No soreness or pains in my legs or back. Feeling so much better. Will increase exercise to sit ups and crunches today.

zoochef
Fri, Apr-11-03, 10:28
Still walking. Step is a little faster, endurance better. Walking further in 30 minutes than when I started. Feels good.

zoochef
Sat, Apr-12-03, 10:43
:cool: Walked for thirty minutes. Walked further than yesterday. A little soreness in right hip. :confused: All in all feeling much better. Must be the nice sunny day. :thup:

zoochef
Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:42
:thup: Walked at lunch. Did stop to talk with O.T.W. staff about the birds. Didn't walk continuously. Nice day.

zoochef
Sat, Apr-19-03, 05:21
:doah: Didn't exercise yesterday, instead napped for three hours. That's what the ole' bod and mind needed. Feel much more better today. Will walk if it stops raining. :D

zoochef
Sat, Apr-26-03, 04:55
haven't posted for a couple od days. Have been walking daily for a minimum of thirty minutes. Will try to increase it to forty five minutes today.

zoochef
Thu, May-29-03, 13:53
:thup: :thup: :thup: :D
I've been walking daily, but I keep forgetting to post it. So here goes. Walked for 45 minutes today, nice weather, very enjoyable. :doah:

Do feel better when I do walk.

:wave:

zoochef
Sat, Oct-11-03, 12:54
:yay: I have been exercising regularly, just haven't been posting to my exercise journal. Have been maintaining my rate of walking for 45 minutes during my lunch hour and riding a stationary bicycle in the evenings for 30 minutes. Feeling good. :thup: :thup: :thup: