PDA

View Full Version : Blood Sugar Reading This Morning

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shirleyfe
Wed, Mar-12-03, 06:54
I took my blood sugar reading this morning and I did not eat anything before, but did have coffee. It was 140. Will coffee raise BS reading's?

Shirleyfe
Wed, Mar-12-03, 06:57
I was down another pound this morning, to 175.
I will be out of a computer for a while, after today. We are going to our second home and have to get it hooked up after we get there. I am going to miss this forum for a while. :(

Shirleyfe
Wed, Mar-12-03, 07:44
When I started this forum, I was at 176, down from 197 or 198 ,after doing Atkin's for a while. I thought I wanted to do Cad, but think Atkins is keeping my BS reading's down better, than Cad.

doreen T
Wed, Mar-12-03, 10:52
hi Shirley,

Yes, caffeine can cause increased blood sugar level. It's an indirect effect ... caffeine is a stimulant which triggers cortisol release, and the cortisol will lead to increased glycogen (sugar) being released from the liver.

Hope you get things organized at your other home. You might consider starting up a journal here, once your settled in and able to be online more. It's a great way to keep track for you, and for other folks to see how you're doing and maybe spot some trouble areas for you. As well as offer encouragement. :)

Congrats on the lb down! :wave:

Doreen