PDA

View Full Version : mObsters Mexican Munchies

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KoKo
Tue, Mar-11-03, 13:20
Ok mObster as I promised you, these are not for induction and I have not figured out the carb count, but they should be pretty low as most ingredients are, the last one has ketchup in it but you can use lo carb and even if you use regular, its not a lot of ketchup. Its not tacos or refried beans but its Mexican!!!!!

Avocado with Shrimp (Abacate com camarao)

4 servings

1 cup cooked shrimp
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup diced celery
l hard boiled egg, diced
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup mayonaise
4 avacados

Sprinkle the shrimp with 1/2 of the lemon juice. Add the celery, egg, salt and pepper and mix with the mayonnaise. Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Sprinkle the cut surface with the remaining lemon juice. Fill the avocado halves with the shrimp mixture and chill before serving.

Stuffed Roast Beef Rolls(Flores de Carne)
4 servings

1 cup peeled and chopped zucchini, cooked
1 avocado, peeled seeded and cut into pieces
1 tbsp minced onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp oil
2tbsp vinegar
1/4tsp salt
16 thin slices roast beef
Lettuce leaves
3 hard boiled eggs
8 radishes

Mass the zucchini and avocado until smoothe. Combine with the onion,chili powder,oil,vinegar and salt. Place a tbsp of this sauce on each slice of roast beef. Roll up the beef and fasten with a toothpick to hold (if needed). Cover serving platter with lettuce and arrange the rolls in a circle. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Revove the yolks and force through a strainer. Spoon the strained youlks into the center of the dish. Cut the egg whites into long thin strips and place on the roast beef rolls. Garnish with radish and serve the remaining sauce seperately. ( I guess you can skip all the fussing with the egg if you are not worried about presentation.)

Avocado Dip (Guacomole para sopear)
4 servings
2 avocados, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp minced onion
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup very finely diced celery
1tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
Place avocados, onion and lemon uice in blender and process till smooth. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the avocado mixture and all the remaining ingredients and combine throughly. Serve immediately as dip for LC veggies or LC crackers.

Jumbo Shrimp in Wine Sauce (Camaarone endiablado
4 servings
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1 tbsp prepared mustard
2 tablespoon ketchup (LC if you have it)
1 clove garlic crushed
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup oil
16-20 jumbo shrimp - cooked with tail intact
lettuce leaves
paprika

Place wine,vinegar,mustard,horseradish,ketchup,garlic,salt,cayenne and oil in blender and blend until smooth. Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the sauce.
Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Arrange lettuce leaves in cocktail glasses and add the shrimp. Spoon some of the mnarinade over the shrimp and sprinkle with paprika

m0bster
Tue, Mar-11-03, 13:28
YES! I can see these happening in the near future. As soon as I am off of this re-induction and on OWL, Im gonna be munchin on Shrip and Roast beef MEXICAN Style!