PDA

View Full Version : I'm new, and have some questions

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Thared33
Tue, Mar-11-03, 01:48
Hi everyone!

Well I'm trying to eat no carbs, and I'm exercising. The only thing I have eaten for the past week is various meats, cheese, and eggs, and water/diet drinks, and I have lost 7 lbs already. i'm not on any kind of diet plan, I'm just freestyling and not eating carbs.

Here are some questions:

Eating just plain meat, cheese, and eggs gets pretty boring. Are there any other foods that have no carbs in it that I should try? Like, any kind of vegetables, etc? It'd be a lot better if I could have a small amount of vegetables to go with the meat Im eating.

I find that I do not defecate nearly as much as I used to, when I was eating normal. Today was the first day in 5 or more days that I have defecated. Is it safe to continue eating just meats, cheeses etc? Or is it recommended to eat some kind of fiber to rid waste when eating just meats?

Is it true that by eating mostly meat, that colon cancer is at a higher risk?

After I reach a certain weight I want to achieve, I'm going to go back to eating normally, but eating healthier. I'm going to be eating a lot more fresh vegetables, etc, and only eat food high in carbs in moderation along with exercise, so I wont gain any weight back. Does that sound like a good plan?

nikkil
Tue, Mar-11-03, 04:02
Oh, my Lordy!!! Get yourself to a bookstore/library STAT!!! It's not NO carb it's LOW carb. Please, please, please get some information on how to live a low-carb lifestyle. :( :( :(
On the right of your screen (Quick Links) there's a question--"Which low carb plan is right for me?" check that out, find a plan that suits you, and get as much info as you can about that plan. I follow Atkins, for example, and I eat more veggies now than I ever did before!

I suggest doing this, like, yesterday :D Keep in touch on the forum, browse thru, let us know how you're doing!

mkathy6
Tue, Mar-11-03, 04:52
I agree with Nikkel - go get the book it is low carb!!!! and I hate to be the bearer of news but you are eating some carbs. Eggs have .5 carbs and cheese is 1 carb per ounce. The only 0 carb foods I am aware of is pure animal protien.

If you eat low carb veggies like dark green lettuce and spinach and broccoli, cauliflower and green beans - they are all low in carbs and so good for you!! They give your body the nutrients that it needs as well as the necessary fiber the get things moving!!!

Alina
Tue, Mar-11-03, 05:32
You need to get some info pronto. Check this out:
www.atkinscenter.com
There are many things to keep in mind while lowcarbing...getting enough veggies, fat, water etc. This is a great way of eating WOE, but you better follow the rules. Good luck!
Alina

nikkil
Tue, Mar-11-03, 05:59
the only foods with 0 carbs are pure proteins, pure fats and water. That's it!!

Can't stress enough how important it is to read up on an LC plan and follow it properly for your health!

Good luck in your search for the right plan for you!

N.