PDA

View Full Version : veggie cheese hater

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

janine52
Mon, Mar-10-03, 16:30
help i have lost nearly 2 stone but seem to besurviving on eggs and some veg i have started to feel a bit hungry as well and need to get on track. any idea's about meals without cheese as i hate it i am in the uk asalso my weight will not budge now and cholestrol is high 7.6

Paleoanth
Tue, Mar-11-03, 06:58
The problem with being a vegetarian on a low carb diet is getting enough fat. Cheese is just an easy fat source and is an important source of animal protein. However, if you hate it-don't eat it, but you will need another fat source.

Try looking at the recipes up top and tweaking them into a vegetarian way. There is another great recipe site:

http://www.carb-lite.au.com/index.html

Instead of cheese-try cream sauces, mayonaise, full fat salad dressings, olive oil and nuts to increase your fat intake.

janine52
Tue, Mar-11-03, 08:46
y do you need fat i do eat cream, double, whipping mascapone will this do and some nuts and seeds