PDA

View Full Version : LAMB'S FRY (liver)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BRON7
Sun, Mar-09-03, 18:50
We love lambs fry and bacon for breakfast but I am not able to find the carb count for lambs fry.
Anyone help me out for this one, also kidneys??
Thanks
Bron

doreen T
Sun, Mar-09-03, 20:01
hi Bron,

Alas, most organ meats do have carbs (due to the glycogen content) ... so liver, kidney, heart, sweetbreads etc ... will have at least some carbohydrate.

Generally, the rule is .. the older the animal, the higher the carb content. So, beef and pork are higher, whereas calf and lamb liver are lower. Chicken livers are quite low too, while goose liver is higher.

Lamb liver is 1.78g carbs for 100g (raw weight). Beef liver is 5.82g carbs for 100g raw.

You can use our handy dandy Carb Counter tool (click on Low Carb Tools from the orange menu bar near the top) .. I just typed in liver and got a listing of all different types.

p.s. - I love liver, especially calf and lamb :yum:

Doreen

doreen T
Sun, Mar-09-03, 20:03
forgot to add ..

Lamb kidney is 0.82g carbs per 100g, raw.

Beef kidney is 2.18g carbs per 100g, raw.

hth,

Doreen