PDA

View Full Version : Eades infomercial

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CaroleSP
Sun, Mar-09-03, 17:56
I was up in the middle of the night last night with my sick baby. I was flipping through channels, and saw the Eades (who wrote PPLP). They were in a cheesey infomercial selling a cheesey "miracle weight loss" shake mix.
Made me loose a little respect for them..... :rolleyes:
Carole
:)

Kristine
Mon, Mar-10-03, 10:03
No way! :rolleyes: That's shattered my image of them. Blah.

Shadow01
Mon, Mar-10-03, 14:45
How very disappointing! :thdown: It makes you wonder why they would do that when they have written books on healthy eating plans that work . Seems like a carnival side-show compared to the WOE/WOL they promote in PPLP and PP! :(

moonpie
Wed, Mar-12-03, 22:33
Oh, ye of such quick judgement. I think that if I was following a plan and it was successful why let one infomercial ( not viewed ) sour your judgement of these wonderful doctors??? Is this another representation of contempt prior to investigation. Heck, You believed the USDA food pyramid for how long???
Along with the good Dr A. who sells muffins to vitamins why not the Eades' promoting their (a) protein power shake. Why should the Atkins institute get all the $$. So, they had a cheesey comercial mabie you could recommend a 5th Ave ad exect for their next info/com. I can't believe that someone who has had successful weight loss would be so quick to be so judgemental. After all isn't it the rest of the world who judges us from the outside.

Jules :rolleyes:

Shadow01
Thu, Mar-13-03, 07:15
Jules - Didn't mean to be misleading or upset you! I still have the greatest respect for the good doctors and will continue with this WOL because I know it works. I just don't think I will ever again replace the wonderful food I get to eat now with any shake - made by the Drs. or not. Too much of a reminder of the old Slim Fast days. I want real food - not a beverage. I know they need to make money and there's nothing against it. But there is no 'miracle weight loss' - it takes time, patience and dedication to any plan you're following. For me - bring on the food and let me eat :)