PDA

View Full Version : new to diet and forum!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

luddybell
Sun, Mar-09-03, 01:24
Hey guys im Misty IM 21 y/o i just started 3-5-03 i started at 205 lbs well im down to 201.5 lbs :)

i need support im new to all this... i really dont know what im doing just limited myself to 20 carbs a day.

rirby
Sun, Mar-09-03, 02:33
Hi Misty Great start

It must be starting to get easier now? I might suggest you get yourself a copy of "DR Atkins New Diet Revolution" I think you'll find it makes things much easier! 20 carbs a day is the right start. keep up the good work! will be looking forward to hearing more from you.

Robyn :wave:

AmberAA1
Sun, Mar-09-03, 13:11
Hi Misty, great start, you are doing well. If you can't get the book at the store you may want to go to the library and get a copy in the mean time you can go the site and it will tell you all the do's and don'ts. Just click here (http://atkinscenter.com/) and it will take you there. A good idea would be to start a journal and list your foods. You'll make some nice friends there too. There is alot of information here. You may want to look at the recipe section, I know when I first started I kept eating the same thing over and over "it was like my safety net". It will give you a bit more of variety. Hope the link helps and I wish you continued success on your LC journey.

rirby
Mon, Mar-10-03, 01:32
HI Again

That web sit is Atkinscenter.com, it really is a lot of help
Robyn :wave:

Sunbeams
Mon, Mar-10-03, 09:18
Hi Everyone,
My name is Sharon, nickname Sunbeams. I am 51 years old, live in West Hills Ca, (outside of LA) I have been off and on low carb diets, need to re-start. I have read Atkins and have been reading Schwarzbein Principle. I started exercising this week on my elliptical trainer, and I already notice a difference in my body. My main problem is finding foods that I want to eat that are low carb. I start a diet and then if there is nothing that strikes my fancy low carb wise in the house, I will eat carbs and tell myself I will start tomorrow.
Also, I did Atkins a year ago and lost about 25 pounds ( I have over 60 pounds to lose) then I hit a plateau and NOTHING would make any more weight come off so I quit.
Help!

judithbw
Wed, Mar-12-03, 12:57
I think the secreet lies in ALWAYS having something non-carb ready to eat, especially as your opening the refrigerator to see what's there. I've taken to baking chicken thighs (from Costco), with the bone and skin, eating one or two for dinner with a salad, and putting the rest in the frig. When I'm hungry I simply take one out and eat it. Also keep tuna salad, or egg salad in the frig., and when you're "looking" for you don't quite know what, a fork-full or two will keep the stomach at bay.