PDA

View Full Version : Starting over tomorrow pls help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nycchic
Sat, Mar-08-03, 20:03
Here is what I plan on eating can any tell me what I am doing wrong?

Morning: 2 egg omelet with one slice cheese, tea with 1 oz milk, and equal or splenda (still have to buy the splenda but is equal ok?)

Snack: Tea, with splenda or equal, and 1 oz milk

Lunch: Grilled Chicken breast seasoned with - salt, black pepper, a small serving of some salad

Dinner: Grilled chicken or steak with a small salad

Snack: Boiled egg, one bottle of crystal light, one slice american cheese

2 liters of water

I can't do without milk in my tea so can I count it as part of my carb intake?

My biggest problem is when I come home I snakc because other people are. Any induction snack idea?

HELP

DarkLotus
Sat, Mar-08-03, 20:56
Try using light cream or heavy cream instead of milk. Milk has a lot of sugars in it, hence the carb count on it. If you're doing Atkins milk is a definite no-no. Whatever you put in your tea or coffee should count in your carb totals. The Crystal Light bottles count as 2 carbs.

Snack ideas: hard boiled eggs, fresh cut vegetables such as celery, daikon, cucumber. You could have a little cream cheese or sour cream to dip them in if you wanted to. Roll ups of turkey, ham, or roast beef, with cheese are tasty. Large lettuce leaves work well as a bread substitute. Pork rinds are another popular snack, make sure they don't have sugar though, read the label.

That's the most important advice really, read every label and question everything, if you aren't sure about a food, don't eat it. Good luck on induction! :wave:

Paleoanth
Sat, Mar-08-03, 22:21
I agree-

Dump the milk and get real cream. Tastes so much better anyway. I often have real cream with my tea and love it.

If equal is the stuff made with aspartame-Atkins really discourages it. Be careful.

kampartist
Sun, Mar-09-03, 01:29
It looks good. Try putting extra mayo on your eggs, like egg salad to up your fat and calorie count, I would skip the crystal light it is not necessary as well as the tea, hope it is not caffeine which shouldnt be in the start anyways.