PDA

View Full Version : Seattle/Everett

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jeanyyy
Sat, Mar-08-03, 17:40
I have posted a request in a couple of forums here for info on good LC shopping locations in the general Seattle to Everett vicinity, but so far no luck.

I live in BC, but my boyfriend is in Mountlake Terrace and is about to move to Lynnwood. He comes up to visit every couple of weeks, so I am hoping some kind soul will suggest some places where he can find LC products for me, since there aren't a ton of them up here. If worst comes to worst, I'll make a trip to Bellingham myself, though.

BF is willing to do some shopping for me, but he HATES hunting all over for stuff, so specific locations would be VERY helpful. I don't want to turn him off too much the first time!

I'm interested in almost anything, but specifically:

Splenda-flavoured diet pops
FiberFit sweetener
LC breads or bake mixes
Liquid Splenda

** really, anything LC that tastes good and isn't horrendously expensive **

Thanks a bunch!

Rikke
Sat, Mar-08-03, 19:23
Hi Jean,

I'm not familiar with the Mountlake Terrace area, but I ventured to the Bellingham area the other day and found some fun stuff:

- Good selection of Atkins products (bars, bake mixes, etc.) at the GNC by Target in Bellis Fair Mall (downtown Bellingham.)
- Diet Rite pop at the Cost Cutters (formerly International Market Place) in Blaine (just across the Douglas/Truck Crossing.) I think they have liquid Splenda as well, but I could be imagining that! :)

Perhaps you can stop at those places while en-route to visit the BF?!

HTH,

jeanyyy
Sat, Mar-08-03, 19:26
Rikke,

It's a long story, but for the last couple of years, he's been coming up here rather than me going down there... If I do go down there, I would stop by Costcutters, etc, yes. :)

Dutchgirl1
Mon, Mar-10-03, 16:28
Hi, used to live in seattle until a couple months ago.
Trader joes Has Diet Hansens soda made with splenda Its about 1.89 for a six pack I found this at a couple of health food stores too.

Dutchgirl1
Mon, Mar-10-03, 16:30
Oh Yes, also Costco has Diet Ice made with splenda.

jeanyyy
Tue, Mar-11-03, 01:33
Diet Ice? Is that a pop/soda? Never heard of it before... :) Thanks for the help!

nikkil
Tue, Mar-11-03, 01:40
Thanks for asking this question. In a roundabout way, it answered something I've been wondering--"Is it worth the trip across the border to go to Cost Cutters (haven't been there in so long I didn't even know they'd changed the name :rolleyes: ) to search for Diet Rite and other LC products/splenda products that I can't find in Canada??". Looks like the answer is YES!!

Thanks,
N.

srd0821
Sat, Mar-29-03, 13:20
May be too late...but I just saw this and thought I wuld reply! Trader Joe's is great! A little pricey on most stuff...but great nonetheless!! HTH