PDA

View Full Version : Ketosis/Not losing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Calmeida2
Sat, Mar-08-03, 14:28
Hi, I need help -

I've been on induction for 3 weeks, lost 3lbs and now nothing. From reading your posts I saw that I was probably not eating enough fat, so I added fat to the 70-25-5% ratios recommended, then I lost 1 lb in one day and today I gained 2lbs. Could it be water? Should I continue one this way?
Here's my fitday from yesterday (am I eating too many calories? But I thought that did not matter!)

http://fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

HELP!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting really discouraged and unhappy!

THank you so much for your help.

Claudia

:(

Also, do you find that you can go in and out of ketosis from day to night? I was in ketosis all day yesterday and this morning I am not. I kept the ratio as I was supposed to. Could it be because I have not eaten enough things today?

This whole thing is pretty mindboggling until you get a handle on it - I appreciate your responses.

Lolli-J
Sat, Mar-08-03, 16:02
Hi Claudia

Just a heads up. You've linked us to Fitday, but not to your foods eaten.

Lolli

Kristine
Sat, Mar-08-03, 17:02
Hi Claudia,

Don't hate me for saying this ;) but it's too early to tell what's going on. It's only been three weeks. If you only just got your eating into the recommended ratio, it'll take more time than that to figure out even whether or not you have a problem. Stay away from that scale if you're getting discouraged. :nono: This is not a crash diet. I know it can be depressing to hear about people who lose weight very quickly, but those people tend to be (a) male, (b) haven't been on any kind of diet before, and/or (c) perfect. :D

Take your time and enjoy your new menu! You didn't gain the weight in a few weeks, it won't disappear that fast, either. Hang in there!

(edit: )Oh, PS: I'll check out your fitday journal when you get the link working. If I forget, feel free to stop by my journal. :)

Calmeida2
Sat, Mar-08-03, 21:27
Ok, I'm hanging in there. I'm back on ketosis and realized I was not eating enough fat, from the help from some people in the chat. Below is my fitday, I'd still love to have your input.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=Calmeida2

This was my second dinner out without no alcohol, no bread, no dessert! And I was satisfied and happy!

I'll wait and hopefully reap some good results - You're right, this did not pile on overnight...

alapasada
Sun, Mar-09-03, 12:00
Please take a look at my daily diet, and tell me what's wrong. 2 solid weeks and not an ounce? I 've checked my 1 c. of coffee a day, vitamins and spices for hidden carbs, exercise 45 mins daily and drink 64 oz water. This is insanity. help.
(also, I can't private message, and haven't the time today to figure out why...my email is ********** Thanks

Elihnig
Sun, Mar-09-03, 16:21
Sorry Alapasada, I had to edit out your e-mail address...posting it is against forum rules. You will be able to PM when you have 25 posts. In the meantime, we have no way of checking what your daily intake of foods are, unless you post them here.

You can also post an introduction on the introductions page, and start a new thread to ask about your menu here in the newbies questions.

Welcome to the forum,

Beth

LadyDi
Thu, Mar-13-03, 00:28
I remember Dr. Atkins saying there are more thyroid problems in the world, than what they once though...or words to that effect....Worth getting your thyroid checked if you cant seem to lose.....I have that problem....Im hoping it at least will come off slow.

cuteblonde
Fri, Mar-14-03, 06:59
i was in ketosis for two weeks straight with my strip turning dark purple evry time. then suddenly it was only light pink. another member told me not to get so focused on ketosis strips because anything can alter them. i had increased my water intake and that was probably why my strip started getting lighter even though i was still eating the same low carb menu. she said that it was better than being that dark purple color because it meant my urine was diluted. with a dark purple strip, my urine was probably concentrated because i wasn't getting enough water.

LadyDi
Fri, Mar-14-03, 19:57
One day you will step on the scale, and see a whole bunch of weight has come off all at once. Are you doing aerobics too???? Even fast walking....I love to walk:)

acelkel
Sat, Mar-15-03, 16:45
Hello!
Don't get discouraged. Focus on the way you feel. I have also been following Atkins for 3 weeks now and have not lost. However, I am not giving up. I like the "no craving" part and I no longer get that sluggish feeling in the afternoon.

It is changing my body, and I hope that soon the weight loss with follow. Stay positive!

Audrey :)