PDA

View Full Version : bipolar question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

karen25
Sat, Mar-08-03, 08:44
Ugh-just lost my entire post
If you can control manic episodes in places that some of the behaviors may not be appropriate, is it manic?
Same thing with depression, I can go to work with a smile on my face, but when I come home I shut down and don't do much of anything. For instance, I was off yesterday with a sick child and never did a thiing to catch up(pay bills, clean house,make appoitments,etc. My day consisted of coffee, staring out window, computer, repeat, repeat. How do you know if it is laziness or depression?
I have been taking prozac for 2 years thinking it would motivate me , but it hasn't. I stay on it because my son says I am easier to be around and I thought it may help with ADD. I know I have ADD, but do not want to take stimulent medication with my addiction history. Which brings me to another question. Could manic behavior and lack of motivation just be a symptom of untreated ADD. It seems like many of these diagnosises(sp)
seem to run together. Any ideas?

ritarider
Mon, Mar-10-03, 14:02
you don't sound clinically bi-polar

karen25
Mon, Mar-10-03, 17:48
Thanks for the reply-
just checking
Karen

Ruralgurl
Tue, Mar-11-03, 15:32
Hi I just thought I would point you in this direction.
This is along post but well worth reading and checking off your symptoms!
Jeanner has done a great job and then there is a link to a good site as well!

Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease > Thyroid Information

meigg
Thu, Mar-13-03, 12:37
Has your doc taken you thru the questions in the DSM IV about being bipolar? I answered yes to 8 of the 10 - that is how I found out I was bipolar.

I think for ADD you need to meet like 13 of 17 different criteria. My sisters kids all have it.

Ask your doc. Also ask if there are any other treatments for ADD that might work for you.

Just a thought.