PDA

View Full Version : 4-week stall

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kima
Sat, Mar-08-03, 07:24
Hello to all,
I have been on a 4-week stall. I have been travleing quite a bit and have not been able to exercise much. I have stayed on the diet no cheats. I have eaten nuts in place of a meal and have eaten some of the low carb chocolate bars when I have been on the run. But even so I don't think I have been over 20-25 carbs per day. Will I stall with even if my carbs are in range?
Thanks Kima
:confused:

mrschmelz
Sat, Mar-08-03, 08:00
I have been travleing quite a bit and have not been able to exercise much. I have stayed on the diet no cheats. I have eaten nuts in place of a meal and have eaten some of the low carb chocolate bars when I have been on the run. But even so I don't think I have been over 20-25 carbs per day. Will I stall with even if my carbs are in range?

First of all don't get discouraged, the weight WILL come off! Your stall is quite likely caused by your low carb chocolate bars and eating nuts as a meal replacement.

I recomend not eating ANY of the chocolate bars if you are having trouble losing, many people report they stall their weight loss. If you need quick snacks look in the recipe section, there are several in there.

You say exercise has been a problem because of travel. Try and stay in hotels that have some sort of exercise facilities, or at least are in a neighborhood that you can feel comfortable about taking a nice 30 minute walk. Also make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water. Don't worry you will get there.

CAKES66
Sat, Mar-08-03, 13:34
Kima

I was stalled for 3 to 4 weeks too. I was eating the carb bars (in moderation), then I read in this forum that the carb bars stall many people. I have not had 1 in a week and a half. Well, I just found out yesterday that I lost a 1lb. And this morning, the scale moved another pound down. :)

Try cutting back on the bars or leave them out completely and see what happens.

Good Luck :wave: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?owner=cakes66 (http://www.fitday.comWebFit/PublicJournals.html?owner=cakes66)