PDA

View Full Version : Weak, depressed

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LBS
Fri, Mar-07-03, 18:47
I am finishing up day 4 of induction in the Atkins diet, and I've been miserable. I'm taking my vitamin and mineral supplements, but my legs feel so weak I can hardly get up from the chair sometimes. I'm also having trouble concentrating, I'm feeling moody and depressed, and I've lost my appetite--don't really feel like eating anything. Will this end soon? I don't know if I can take it much longer . . .

lkonzelman
Fri, Mar-07-03, 18:49
I felt the same.... almost falling down weak in a shopping mall.

But for me, on the sixth day it was like a cloud lifted and then I felt great. Have ever since and never bloated anymore....

Just hang in there and eat when you are hungry....

Paleoanth
Fri, Mar-07-03, 20:27
I went through several days of feeling awful. This is totally normal and will go away. Just think of it as a good sign you are starting to convert fat to energy instead of carbs.

Stick with it!

CAKES66
Fri, Mar-07-03, 22:18
It seems that many people have experienced this. I was so sick that my husband wanted me to abandon the LC Way. I stuck it out and now I'm running circles around him. I have tons of energy. Don't worry, feeling yucky will pass soon. ;) l

xcarbs
Sat, Mar-08-03, 14:21
Wow is that ever good to hear, this is my 6th day of induction,and I have had very weak legs the last couple of days and am feeling very lethargic today.I usually workout 6 days a week,but today I just said,"no way"I also seem to have nasal congestion that wont go away,do you think it is just a cold or could it have something to do with LC.I finally got into ketosis yesterday,yeh!But I sure seem to be hungry today.I've been reading these forums for a week or so now, Wow what great support!
take care all

StephyLyne
Sat, Mar-08-03, 16:52
Oh thank goodness I found this site. I was beginning to think I was coming down with the flu or something. I just feel like I'm not resting at night and then dragging through the day. That is one of the things they left out of the book. But it is worth feeling this way for a week or so if I loose the weight. Thanks again! Good luck everyone!