PDA

View Full Version : New to the Group

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MrnMrsRDH
Thu, Mar-06-03, 00:45
Hi everyone....... I am new to this so don't shoot me if I mess up my intro.....
TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi I am Deborah and I live in Kentucky... A friend of mine gave me a link to Don Elliotts homepage and low and behold if He didnt start one year almost to the day from when I began. I have been on Atkins for one solid month now and have stuck strictly to induction.. I am not sure how much actual weight I lost since my scales went screwy and weighed me in as a mere 16 lbs one day but since I got a new set I think I have lost 5 lbs... I did however measure and I know for certain I have lost a whopping 22.5 inches since day one......... I have a question though........ Why do I feel so whopped?? I have NO ENERGY I thought this was supposed to give me energy????????
Anyway any help and advise I can get through the group is greatly appreciated!! and any advise on how to move along through these pages I will appreciate too

RBalhan
Thu, Mar-06-03, 07:39
Hi Deborah :wave:

Welcome to this Forum and congratulations on beginning lc'ng. You have lost some pretty good inches for only one month. :cheer:

Why do I feel so whopped?? I have NO ENERGY

Your body is just getting used to this new WOE (way of eating). I have been lc'ng now for 8 weeks and before Atkins I would be tired all the time and would go to bed at 8:00 every evening. Now I cannot go to bed before 10:30-11:00 and I am still up at 7:00 every morning. The energy will come...you will see. In the meantime enjoy this WOE where you don't have to worry about ever being hungry again while lc'ng and losing weight at the same time. But this is not a fast weight loss WOE. It is going to take time to get the weight off. JUST BE PATIENT and you will get to where you want.

Rose:rose:

AmberAA1
Thu, Mar-06-03, 20:06
Hi Deborah, Welcome to the forum, you seem to be doing great already. 22 inches is alot. I know it has to be more than 5 pounds, but I guess you can start from there. You are in for the ride of your life. I would start a journal too. Just go to the home page and scroll down to the journals and click on the letter D and hit new thread and you are on your way. If you start to list your foods and have a problem you'll know right where to zero in on it.
Good luck on your new WOL and new WOE. Theres a ton of information here and you'll have fun in the mean time.

Serendipit
Fri, Mar-07-03, 10:06
:wave:
Hi Deborah-

Start your journal here.....you will find it so helpful and it is easier for others to communicate with you.

This forum is a great place for support, motivation and to obtain alot of great advice that will help you through your journey of lc-ing......

Congratualtions on your new found woe and for your success so far that is awesome........and I would guess you have probably lost more weight then you think....

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Dont worry about the energy...it will come......but I was wondering if you are taking a good multi-vitamin or supplements...you may need some (definitely at the very least a multi-vitamin

Well- hope you get your journal up and going soon please feel free to stop by mine any time.........

Take care-
Bess