PDA

View Full Version : Just started Candistroy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kaela
Wed, Mar-05-03, 14:25
Okay I took one candistroyer pill this morning. I didn't take the probiotic, Jessea, because you told me it would just get killed off. I also went to the store and got some garlic , grapefruit seed oil , stevia , live cultured yogurt , vit E & C , fiber supplements ,...and some other good foods.

Now my stomach hurts but I think it's because I took the vitamins, fiber, and then had yogurt with stevia in it. Maybe it was the yogurt. :( Has anyone else had this problem. OH....WOW this really hurts. ugh :( no more yogurt 4 me

Well, I wrote the makers of Candistroy an EMAIL asking them why it says to take the probiotic along with the candistroyer. It says it's 'specialy made' so the are taken together but products always say specially made.

I just wanted to tell you guys what's going on. I give you guys an update when they email me back.

jessea
Thu, Mar-06-03, 10:24
Good for you, Kaela, fight the good fight! Sorry about the tummy ache. It could be the Stevia, but the yogurt could also be the culprit. I would give up the yogurt for awhile, when your gut is healthier, you will be able to eat it again. Maybe you are allergic to dairy.

Take your Candistroyer in the evening, and the probiotic in the morning. You won't experience as much die off symptoms that way.

Check out some articles about leaky gut. Candida almost always causes it. Just getting rid of the Candida will help it. But it is good to be informed.

Keep us posted!!!

-Jess

EarthLight
Thu, Mar-06-03, 11:27
Hope you're feeling better, Keala.

I agree w/Jess - you're probably reacting to something in your supp.

I've had trouble before with caprylic acid & others. Can you lower the dose to see if that helps? Vary the time of day? Or perhaps separate out what you need, taking the ingredients separately (expensive I know, to buy more bottles...)

And yesterday I went to my chirorpractor begging for help on the candida & she came up with allergy to yogurt and whey! A big shock to me, particularly since I'd been using a dairy-based acidopholus these last 10 days. I hope & pray that on my next visit she can help me with this candida stuff. It's knocking me down :(

Hang in there!

Kaela
Thu, Mar-06-03, 13:19
GRRRRRRR!!!
I just wrote a really long post and it got erased!! :mad:

Oh well, thank you for your advice Jess and Earthlight! HOw are you guys doing? Earthlight, have you tried to go to a homeopathic doctor?

I took a candistroyer this morning and I feel fine. A little uncomfortable in my tummy and a little itchy :blush:
I think I'll up the dose to two at a time. So four a day.

WARNING! WHAT I"M ABOUT TO WRITE IS GROSS: Yesterday I was in the bathroom for an hour and I saw white filmy stuff in the toilet. EWWWW at least it's getting out of me! DIE DIE DIE!!! Has this happened to you guys?

Hpoefully I'll lose weight on this Candida diet. THat would be cool.
I hope you guys are doing good. We can kill these little beasties!!

jessea
Fri, Mar-07-03, 11:09
Yup, it's gross, but I have seen what you have described, and some other strange things in the toilet.

The itching will get worse before it gets better!

I hope I will start to lose weight after I kill of this crud, too. But I have to say that just feeling well will be thanks enough! I have felt too rotten for too long.

I agree, lets kill these yeasties!!!!!

-Jess

Kaela
Thu, Mar-13-03, 09:43
HI guys! How is everyone?? I'm doing good. I think the candida is dying :yay: JOY!! I went to a homeopathic accupnuncturist and she said I have a low immune system, and allergies. I'm bringing her the Candistroy next week and she'll tell me what she thinks of it, I'll let you guys know.
I have lost some weight! :) I'm about 145 now. I've noticed that I'm not that hungry when I eat the Candida diet. I guess it's hard to want to binge on lettuce!!
I'm also so so so so so tired! I get dizzy when I stand up and I got a yeast infection :( I guess this is just die off and hopefully it will go away soon. Ok, just checking in. I'll tell you guys what the accunpuncturist said about Candistroy. Take care! :wave:

jessea
Thu, Mar-13-03, 18:43
Good to hear from you, Kaela! Yes, you are experiencing die off. The symptoms get worse before they get better.

Please let us know what the acupuncturist says.

-Denise

Ellyssa_xo
Wed, Dec-20-06, 15:58
i have a couple questions about the program you were on. im about to take it in january of next year and i need to know what foods or even better, recipes that you had when you were on the program. also, is it for sure that you will get a yeast infection, and if you do... do u take pills for it or let it eventually kill the bacteria out itself... :q: